Jerry Palm

5fouls

17 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Not only is Palm a PU grad.  He currently resides in Shererville, Indiana. A bastion of anti IU basketball for decades.

I'm from Schererville but currently live north of Indy.  There are FAR more Purdue fans here than in The Region.

Lots of kids from Northwest Indiana go to Purdue because it's close, but by no means does Purdue have any kind of stranglehold on college sports fandom up there.  In fact, growing up, I always noticed that when they listed the donors for IU sports on WYIN (making watching the basketball games possible before the BTN),  there were always 3-4x more donors for IU than Purdue.  My sophomore English teacher was also one of the IU "hosts" during the timeouts and halftime.

I will say that the Post Tribune and Hammond Times are somewhat notorious for ignoring IU, though.

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

I'm from Schererville but currently live north of Indy.  There are FAR more Purdue fans here than in The Region.

Lots of kids from Northwest Indiana go to Purdue because it's close, but by no means does Purdue have any kind of stranglehold on college sports fandom up there.  In fact, growing up, I always noticed that when they listed the donors for IU sports on WYIN (making watching the basketball games possible before the BTN),  there were always 3-4x more donors for IU than Purdue.  My sophomore English teacher was also one of the IU "hosts" during the timeouts and halftime.

I will say that the Post Tribune and Hammond Times are somewhat notorious for ignoring IU, though.

I grew up in Gary. Lew Wallace from kindergarten through high school.  Last class to do that.  In terms of a preference in NWI. I always felt it was PU over IU.  I can't name them now. However, always seemed we lost out on recruits from the Region to PU, over the decades.

Jerry Palm came out with his picks and odds for this weekend,  today.  Picking Minnesota over Maryland by 17.  Way to go Jerry.  That's going out on a limb !

While there is no mention of what looks at the moment to be a pick 'em game for IU in Lincoln.  Too tough to call, Jerry ?

Oh and how about that Alabama game? Calling a 35 point favorite, must have been a head wringer for you.  Another tough one to call Jerry.  Way to go, as well. 

College football picks, predictions, odds for Week 9: Notre Dame-Michigan among the best bets - CBSSports.com

Archived