Dakich and ESPN??

I heard him a while back mention someone said he called Romeo shoe boy and he denied ever using that term. I've heard him say shoe guy many times but never shoe boy.  I used to listen a lot but his show seems to be so focused on gambling now that I'll check in frequently but rarely listen for very long.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Take it for what it's worth I am hearing it's over a comment in which Dan said "shoe boy" when discussing RL and it was taken as racist and IU legal staff took strong exception to the comment 

Not to defend Dakich but that seems totally ridiculous.  Of course I'm sure our legal team took action against Adam Herbert when he ordered Greenspan not to hire John Beilein purely because of his a race.  A move that set our program back more than a decade.

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I heard him a while back mention someone said he called Romeo shoe boy and he denied ever using that term. I've heard him say shoe guy many times but never shoe boy.  I used to listen a lot but his show seems to be so focused on gambling now that I'll check in frequently but rarely listen for very long.

I have heard him deny it as well and either way I am not sure that is such a big deal. I am not sure if that is what the suspension is for but it is making the rounds. 

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have heard him deny it as well and either way I am not sure that is such a big deal. I am not sure if that is what the suspension is for but it is making the rounds. 

I would assume they record/save every show, so if he said it, it's there to be heard. I can't believe that the IU legal team would be involved if it's about racism. What would be their stance? If it's about spreading rumors of impropriety, there could be some sort of defamation allegation though. But I don't think IU's legal team could sue DD for making a perceived racist comment. This would seemingly be ESPN responding to a complaint of some sort? Any lawyers here? 

The guess from that tabloid website of some out of court settlement may be true.  Their scenario may be right that there’s gag orders all around.  

Dan is continually stating stuff without substantiation.  If the journalistic principle idea were true, he’d have been suspended more than he’d be working.  He may have crossed the line and ticked off someone who was none too happy and discussed it with Emmis.  This may have been the solution to avoid some kind of financial repercussions.  

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Dan Dakich is not a journalist. 

Dan Dakich is a loud mouthed talking head.

Using the name Dan Dakich and the term journalist in near proximity to each other would make Ernie Pyle roll in his grave 

upvote for the ernie pyle reference

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Using the name Dan Dakich and the term journalist in near proximity to each other would make Ernie Pyle roll in his grave 

Poor Ernie Pyle’s been spinning like a windmill for years. True journalism is rare these days. Most are stenographers at best or fiction writers with an agenda. We’re fortunate to have a journalist who regularly contributes to this site

5 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Poor Ernie Pyle’s been spinning like a windmill for years. True journalism is rare these days. Most are stenographers at best or fiction writers with an agenda. We’re fortunate to have a journalist who regularly contributes to this site

I have been to Ernie Pyle's grave site. It is located in the Punch Bowl in Hawaii.  Which over looks Pearl Harbor.

Interesting note.  When Ernie Pyle enrolled in Indiana University, IU did not offer a degree in Journalism. 

On 10/23/2019 at 6:33 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

That’s an understatement. I’m going to come back and haunt him. 

Archived