Another New Walk-On

DC2345

Are we getting all of these walk on guards so we can practice because our scholorship players are being handled with kid gloves wanting to dodge a big injury???

This is a legit question.  We got down to one guard that could play durring our double secret squirrel scrimmage.  We have expierence and depth in the back court, but they seem to be more "Glass Joe" than "Super Macho Man".

"Shipp was teammates with Indiana class of 2021 recruiting target Logan Duncomb"

Duncomb is a 6'9" center with offers from UC, Xavier, OSU, Iowa and Wisconsin (and sounds like one of those kids from one of those programs that is a constant pain in their opponents side for two+ years).

He also happens to be an AAU teammate of Trey Kaufman.

If I need to connect the dots for you any further.....

9 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

Are we getting all of these walk on guards so we can practice because our scholorship players are being handled with kid gloves wanting to dodge a big injury???

This is a legit question.  We got down to one guard that could play durring our double secret squirrel scrimmage.  We have expierence and depth in the back court, but they seem to be more "Glass Joe" than "Super Macho Man".

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

"Shipp was teammates with Indiana class of 2021 recruiting target Logan Duncomb"

Duncomb is a 6'9" center with offers from UC, Xavier, OSU, Iowa and Wisconsin (and sounds like one of those kids from one of those programs that is a constant pain in their opponents side for two+ years).

He also happens to be an AAU teammate of Trey Kaufman.

If I need to connect the dots for you any further.....

Both these make a lot of sense. Numbers can get kind of thin sometimes and someone with his background and ability that is close to players in the program probably means he plays open gym with them a lot and staff decided they could use an extra body. These walk ons deserve a lot of thanks. They give up a lot of their time/academics to be practicing and traveling with the teams. My senior year at USI I was a classmate and friends with a player on the team who I ran open gym with all the time and I was approached about being a walk on. I was on track to graduate so I declined and knew the commitment would push that back and my job back but a team needs a lot of bodies to keep things running so it is easy to see why we need so many. I've said it many times in the state of Indiana there is no shortage of guards that can jump in and compete....no big guys those are harder to come by. Thankful to Michael for putting the time in to help our team!

Archived