What are your vacation plans for 2020 ?

milehiiu

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oldest son turns 21 Dec 23 we offered to take him to Vegas but he has not interest. He has his head on so much straighter than I at that age or even now. Hence the reason he is going to be the DR in family.  

Instead of christmas gifts we have decided a cruise to Bahamas for us and our older 2 kids boyfriend and girlfriend 

With my job there is weekend work. With my vacation and possible earned pto, I work it out to where I get 5-7 times of having Saturday to Wednesday off.

Mostly just a break from work, piddle around the house. I can only take so much of the awkward social construct of spending so much time around people I would otherwise avoid.  

So I just do things spontaneously.  Will surely go camping at brown county sp.  Maybe a few days in Nashville,TN. Possibly Gettysburg/Philadelphia next fall.  

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Ireland for 2 weeks in the spring. Going to surprise my wife. Her maternal grandparents immigrated to the US from there in the early 1900s as kids...

Ex-wife #3 surprised me with a trip to Ireland one time.  To my great surprise, she went with Liam O'Shea, the owner of a local Irish Pub, and left me at home.  

2 trips on the books and 1 in development. Lake Tahoe in mid-June before the prices jump. Newport Beach for first round of NCAA tourney week with 15 or so friends from grade/high school (annual trip)....but the one I'm most excited about (think I mentioned in this or other threads) is flying to DC and renting a car and visiting Civil War and American Revolution sites up and down the area for a week. 

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

2 trips on the books and 1 in development. Lake Tahoe in mid-June before the prices jump. Newport Beach for first round of NCAA tourney week with 15 or so friends from grade/high school (annual trip)....but the one I'm most excited about (think I mentioned in this or other threads) is flying to DC and renting a car and visiting Civil War and American Revolution sites up and down the area for a week. 

I took a trip down the blue ridge parkway my last summer of college. Saw a sign for Appomattox Courthouse and took a detour.  I would fit that in if you can.  Really ramped up my interest in civil war history. 

I think the even have guides where you can follow Lee's retreat from Petersburg.  

15 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I took a trip down the blue ridge parkway my last summer of college. Saw a sign for Appomattox Courthouse and took a detour.  I would fit that in if you can.  Really ramped up my interest in civil war history. 

I think the even have guides where you can follow Lee's retreat from St Petersburg.  

I'm a big history buff and have delayed this trip for decades. Just want to visit as many sites as I can. Won't make it up to Trenton (Revolutionary) or down to Charleston (both) but trying to hit as many as I can in the Virginia/PA/DC/Carolina corridors as I can. Targeting the week after Masters next year. April 13 week. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm a big history buff and have delayed this trip for decades. Just want to visit as many sites as I can. Won't make it up to Trenton (Revolutionary) or down to Charleston (both) but trying to hit as many as I can in the Virginia/PA/DC/Carolina corridors as I can. Targeting the week after Masters next year. April 13 week. 

I am too. Been putting off a trip to see gettysburg and Philadelphia(liberty bell and cheesesteaks)for a few years. Want to take a route where I can go to Antietam on the way home. Hoping I can fit it in next fall

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We are close enough to retirement that we are starting to explore where we might want to spend the last part of our lives. 

Going to Asheville, NC in the Spring to check things out. May not be the last trip there

If you have a whole day you can spare check out the Biltmore estate. Wife and I honeymooned there. Really neat place right in Asheville.

I wanted to go there because part of Last of the Mohicans was filmed there. 

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If you have a whole day you can spare check out the Biltmore estate. Wife and I honeymooned there. Really neat place right in Asheville.

Did not know that. We plan on spending a few days there . Will definitely check out Biltmore

35 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The Biltmore is awesome, yes a very must visit if you are in the arear! 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Tahoe is awesome!! Although, my visits have been in my younger years to ski at Heavenly Valley! Still awesome though! Enjoy!

10 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Tahoe is awesome!! Although, my visits have been in my younger years to ski at Heavenly Valley! Still awesome though! Enjoy!

Tons of different tastes for all....but Tahoe has been a perfect blend of everything we love in life. Truly one of my favorite places to see and experience each year. June is still risky time to go because night temps can be cold but once July 4th hits the prices get 3-4x more expensive until after Labor Day so that why we go in June. 

Archived