What are your vacation plans for 2020 ?

milehiiu

Same plans as always for me.  A week fishing for walleye and perch on Erie in mid April.  A week mushroom hunting in Northern Wisconsin right after Memorial Day.  The caveat is the GF also wants to go to Arizona because my cousin invited us out.  So I am going to have to fit that in somewhere.  I am thinking for spring training but she isn't a baseball fan.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, rico said:

Same plans as always for me.  A week fishing for walleye and perch on Erie in mid April.  A week mushroom hunting in Northern Wisconsin right after Memorial Day.  The caveat is the GF also wants to go to Arizona because my cousin invited us out.  So I am going to have to fit that in somewhere.  I am thinking for spring training but she isn't a baseball fan.

Spring training is great.  Went a few years back. 

If you go early enough, you may even get to see the Reds before they have been eliminated from playoff contention.  :coffee:

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Spring training is great.  Went a few years back. 

If you go early enough, you may even get to see the Reds before they have been eliminated from playoff contention.  :coffee:

Well I better start schmoozing her...I don't think she wants anything to do with sitting through one baseball game let alone multiple ones.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Well I better start schmoozing her...I don't think she wants anything to do with sitting through one baseball game let alone multiple ones.

Take her to a Cubs game and have her get Kris Bryant's autograph.  According to my wife, and most other women I know, he gives the 'hot' corner an all new meaning.  

45 minutes ago, rico said:

Fishing to me is like bowling. When I do it I really enjoy it and ask myself why I don't do it more. Part of the fun I mentioned about Tahoe is fishing for Trout/Salmon and cooking an hour afterwards over open flame watching sunset over mountains. I'm not good at fishing whatsoever but it's one of those things I wish I did more. 

Nothing set in stone yet. My uncle is moving away from Hawaii in September, so I might try to get there this year. I am also still working on putting together a trip to summit Mt. Rainier.  Probably not this summer but, I may go climb on the mountain this summer with my brother (he lives in Seattle) and check out the different outfitters.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Tons of different tastes for all....but Tahoe has been a perfect blend of everything we love in life. Truly one of my favorite places to see and experience each year. June is still risky time to go because night temps can be cold but once July 4th hits the prices get 3-4x more expensive until after Labor Day so that why we go in June. 

My trips have been in the winter months. One of my more memorable trips was cross country skiing in Donner Pass. (Yes the cannibal Donner Party)  Have to say it was a bit eerie but an experience that I am thankful to have!

2 hours ago, rico said:

It may only take one game to eliminate the Reds!

By the way I meant it, if GOD ever allows me to retire, the Walleye fishing tournament is ON in the Hayward WI area!

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

I think Milehiiu would be happy to see us fire this thread back up heading into warmer weather.  

Anyone care to share where they have been and where they are going?  

I'm a deal hunter.  anyone have any websites or locations(preferably south) that you know is a steal.  

Had a summer job in college that took me all over. Have visited 38 different states and Canada.  I could fill a page with all the places. 

But to get to the point, my second trip to Key West I used this Vacation rental by owner .  Got 5 days for $750. Way cheaper than a hotel and I got half a house. 

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Had a summer job in college that took me all over. Have visited 38 different states and Canada.  I could fill a page with all the places. 

But to get to the point, my second trip to Key West I used this Vacation rental by owner .  Got 5 days for $750. Way cheaper than a hotel and I got half a house. 

I've been looking on Airbnb and vrbo.  Prices are crazy.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I've been looking on Airbnb and vrbo.  Prices are crazy.  

Dang, but it was 2014 last time I went. 

What part of the south are you thinking about? I really liked the Nashville Zoo. Has a Southeast Asia/Down under theme which I'd never experienced before.

Way more interactive than other zoo's I've been too. Got to pet a kangaroos and Galapagos turtles.  

12 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Dang, but it was 2014 last time I went. 

What part of the south are you thinking about? I really liked the Nashville Zoo. Has a Southeast Asia/Down under theme which I'd never experienced before.

Way more interactive than other zoo's I've been too. Got to pet a kangaroos and Galapagos turtles.  

I'm talking beach, Florida.  Prime spring break.  

So after leaving my last job were I had 4 weeks vacation and then  toiling at this Japanese owned company for the last 6 years with only 2 weeks vacation!! Hated it!! Suddenly when I went in to schedule a vacation I realized I now have 3 weeks! After all these years and CV, I’m like how do I spend it? I’m so confused!

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

So after leaving my last job were I had 4 weeks vacation and then  toiling at this Japanese owned company for the last 6 years with only 2 weeks vacation!! Hated it!! Suddenly when I went in to schedule a vacation I realized I now have 3 weeks! After all these years and CV, I’m like how do I spend it? I’m so confused!

Already have the week between Christmas and New Year, approved! But who knows if the boarders will open up and I can FINALLY visit my friend in Russia?

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I've only been to the Keys and Panama City. But my wifes mom really liked Sanibel Island.  

Just watched a beach hunters the other day there.  Googled it and looked around.  Looks nice.  Did panama city in high school and freshman year of college.  It's like a right of passage.  It was never that crazy when I was there though.  

This Friday we are driving 2 days to Estero Beach FL. Gotta VRBO overlooking the beach.  Pool, beer, beach, beer, kayaking, beer, balcony, wine, Topper's Rhum, restaurants outside, beer on tap, short stroll on the beach to a bar on the beach, beer on tap.  Rinse, repeat.

Then to near John's Pass near St. Petersburg.  Sharing a condo with another couple.  On the beach in search of the perfect day. Definitely Reds Spring Training!

Had appointments changed for my first shot.  Weather delayed it.  Bummer.  Really wanted my first shot before going on vacation.

Late summer we are thinking of going NE.  Waterfalls, lakes in PA, then CT for family. Newport RI, Boston, Cape Cod, Princeton NJ.

San Diego for Thanksgiving...maybe Maui.

Probably go to Portugal in 2022...and a little of Spain.

1 hour ago, Air Ball said:

This Friday we are driving 2 days to Estero Beach FL. Gotta VRBO overlooking the beach.  Pool, beer, beach, beer, kayaking, beer, balcony, wine, Topper's Rhum, restaurants outside, beer on tap, short stroll on the beach to a bar on the beach, beer on tap.  Rinse, repeat.

Then to near John's Pass near St. Petersburg.  Sharing a condo with another couple.  On the beach in search of the perfect day. Definitely Reds Spring Training!

Had appointments changed for my first shot.  Weather delayed it.  Bummer.  Really wanted my first shot before going on vacation.

Late summer we are thinking of going NE.  Waterfalls, lakes in PA, then CT for family. Newport RI, Boston, Cape Cod, Princeton NJ.

San Diego for Thanksgiving...maybe Maui.

Probably go to Portugal in 2022...and a little of Spain.

I really want to take an adventure up Northeast

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I really want to take an adventure up Northeast

I was in the Navy.  Based in Groton CT.  Road trips from there to Misquamicut RI, Newport RI, Cape Cod, Boston, NYC, Albany NY, Seaside Hts NJ, etc. Learned to snow ski at Okemo and Killington VT. Check out the coast of Maine and the history of whaling in RI.  Bushkill Falls along the Delaware River is cool.  Burlington VT is great.  Montreal is fun.  1000 Islands is underrated. Years ago, walked and window shopped from Wall Street to Central Park...was staying with a friend in Soho. Got excused from a bar in NYC after a St. Patrick's Day Parade.

10 minutes ago, Air Ball said:

I was in the Navy.  Based in Groton CT.  Road trips from there to Misquamicut RI, Newport RI, Cape Cod, Boston, NYC, Albany NY, Seaside Hts NJ, etc. Learned to snow ski at Okemo and Killington VT. Check out the coast of Maine and the history of whaling in RI.  Bushkill Falls along the Delaware River is cool.  Burlington VT is great.  Montreal is fun.  1000 Islands is underrated. Years ago, walked and window shopped from Wall Street to Central Park...was staying with a friend in Soho. Got excused from a bar in NYC after a St. Patrick's Day Parade.

My wife's family is dead central western New York.  We made our way up to 1000 islands 2 summers ago.  Really neat time.  Boldt Castle is fascinating.  

Wanting to hit up Erie Canal soon.  We target easier trips from Houghton New York.  If you are ever road tripping through, you gotta check out Letchworth st park.  It's like a mini Grand Canyon of the east.  Can't believe it's virtually unknown.  3 or 4 waterfalls to see.  

May 4th to 11 I will be a bad parent. Will pull Ayden from school he will be virtual that week and taking our 3 kids my sons finance and daughters soon to be finance and father in law who just lost his wife to cancer to Navarre beach.  Life is too short to just put the money in the bank. Want to treat the people I love most to a nice week of sun and fun. That is the only week off for my son until Christmas break

Archived