Nebraska Post Game Thread...bowl eligibility!!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So the Nebraska board kept saying how bush league we are for the defense faking injuries etc. I could only listen to part of the game...was it that bad or they sore losers as usual.

You know what impressed me about the Nebraska board?

They have a first half thread, and they have a separate second half thread.

I've never seen that before.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/forums/husker-board.12/

4 minutes ago, rico said:

What about a 3-way tie?

We beat Penn state and penn state beat Ohio st? I guess but they still both have to lose another game. Guess Michigan could beat Ohio  but the only way penn st loses two I guess would be Minnesota. Hard to see that. Besides I’m sure OSU be highest rated and get the bid. 

There is only one logical explanation for all of this:  I have obviously hit my head too many times against the wall over the many years of being an IU football fan that I have several concussions which cause me to hallucinate bowl eligibility for us in October.

If that’s the case and I truly have fallen into a coma due to years of gentle wall-based, frustration-driven blunt force trauma to my frontal lobe, please don’t wake me up.

Just now, dgambill said:

Because they count it as half a win since they were up at halftime.

Frost needs all of the half wins to tally that he can get after all of the hype going i to 2019.

Best part about this IU win is they overcame both injuries and mistakes at the same time; Both of which derailed seasons in the past. Crazy rare!

Just now, dgambill said:

We beat Penn state and penn state beat Ohio st? I guess but they still both have to lose another game. Guess Michigan could beat Ohio  but the only way penn st loses two I guess would be Minnesota. Hard to see that. Besides I’m sure OSU be highest rated and get the bid. 

That is what I am thinking but what exactly is the tie breaker?  Ranking?

9 minutes ago, rico said:

That is what I am thinking but what exactly is the tie breaker?  Ranking?

No I just read. First is record against each other. Second record inside division...next is record against 456 it goes on and on with pts etc. under those scenarios sounds like we Penn st probably would take it because they would only have the one loss against us. Anyways it ain’t happening so I’m just focusing on how good of a bowl game we can get.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

No I just read. First is record against each other. Second record inside division...next is record against 456 it goes on and on with pts etc. under those scenarios sounds like we Penn st probably would take it because they would only have the one loss against us.

Damn, and I was walking on sunshine...

Archived