Nebraska Post Game Thread...bowl eligibility!!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, rico said:

Pure gold.  Thanks for bringing it to us.

I went to bed, feeling very good. And woke up this morning to read this.  Still feeling good.  And to think.  It is IUFB that put the Nebraska fans into their fury over their team.

30 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Pure gold.  Thanks for bringing it to us.

I went to bed, feeling very good. And woke up this morning to read this.  Still feeling good.  And to think.  It is IUFB that put the Nebraska fans into their fury over their team.

Poor babies. 

They can eat that and weep! 

7 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I wonder how many votes we'll have in the polls this week.

Hopefully a few. 

I haven't gone back and read all post game comments but when was last time we qualified for a bowl before calendar hit November?? Besides the obvious Rose Bowl team I'm assuming one of Mallory teams did so. Either way. What a win. Now go beat the crap out of Northwestern next Saturday night.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hopefully a few. 

I haven't gone back and read all post game comments but when was last time we qualified for a bowl before calendar hit November?? Besides the obvious Rose Bowl team I'm assuming one of Mallory teams did so. Either way. What a win. Now go beat the crap out of Northwestern next Saturday night.

I do believe it was '93?  We were 7-1 heading into November.

I think part of Nebraska's struggles is that they are still a Big 12 team masquerading as a Big Ten team.  What I mean by that is that defense is optional in the Big 12, but is the focus in the Big Ten.

I mean, just look at Oklahoma.  They potentially have 3 Heisman winners in a row, but they just gave up 48 points to Kansas St.

3 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Looking at last week's voting, I think we could be pretty close to the top 25. A lot of teams at the back end of the rankings and the teams that just missed either lost or sucked against really bad teams. I'm guessing we'll be around the 5th team in the others getting votes category.

Nailed it!

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/amway-coaches-poll/

18 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just getting back from the bar. Hell F------------- yes Hoosiers. Bowl eligible and now building on that. Huge for staff and players. Now they can beat Northwestern next weekend and focus on 2/3 out of Michigan and at Purdue. Could be looking at a 9 win team. Congrats to all!!!!

i humbly accept your congratulations

18 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll speak for all of us 5 win guys. Kudos to the staff. Players. Coaches. We've always been so close. Now I'm looking at 7 next weekend and maybe 8 or 9 with remaining schedule. Light the players up tonight on social media fans.....the football players deserve it. 

looks like michigan got their sh!t back together so don't think we can get that one, or penn st. but...?

17 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Really...i didnt think i would ever think we could be Bowl  eligible in October either or a chance to go 7-2 or maybe get to a Bigger Bowl game..so why not a big 10 championship game in the future...im ready to strike while the iron is hot!

why not? something called ohio st

Archived