Nebraska Post Game Thread...bowl eligibility!!!

This team has something I have not seen from an IUFB team in years. True grit.   They took a punch to start out the Nebraska game.  Could have easily rolled over from there, and called it a day. However. They refused to roll over.

Coach has said the team's goal is not to just get to a bowl game.  But to win a bowl game.  I believe that is true. Based on IU's performance against Nebraska.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

After the Ohio State game I thought a bowl was a long shot...but watching them take Wisconsin to the wood shed today too I just realized they are NC good but that isn’t an inditement of us.

I think this is quite possibly the best team Ohio State has ever had.

14 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I've been hard on Peyton Ramsey different times, but he is a freaking IU legend.  We don't win the last 2 games without him here.  Amazing character guy who didn't give up.  So happy for him.

Happy for him as well.  Demoted, but did not cry about it. Just continued about his business.   And I know he will be hurting this week. Considering the two wicked hits to his chest in the Nebraska game. One of which I thought should have been called targeting.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Happy for him as well.  Demoted, but did not cry about it. Just continued about his business.   And I know he will be hurting this week. Considering the two wicked hits to his chest in the Nebraska game. One of which I thought should have been called targeting.

I watched the game with my dad; we both thought the same thing.  The defensive player led with the crown of his helmet.

Nebraska was also holding and committing pass interference on just about every other play as well, and we just played through it.

If IU doesn't commit stupid penalties at key junctures, we win this going away.

Just getting back from the bar. Hell F------------- yes Hoosiers. Bowl eligible and now building on that. Huge for staff and players. Now they can beat Northwestern next weekend and focus on 2/3 out of Michigan and at Purdue. Could be looking at a 9 win team. Congrats to all!!!!

1 minute ago, jblaz13 said:

Getting crickets out of the Allen was not the guy/should be fired posts that are not exactly uncommon online on IUFB sites.

I would like to see their evidence.LOL

There have been a few of us who could see what Allen was trying to build.  This is what we could see.  It is finally starting to pay off, and could pay off big time.  You can tell in his voice how much Allen loves IU.

Archived