Northwestern Pregame Thread

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Taking a cue from Coach Allen, keep looking forward. Can't overlook NW. Fitzgerald is a heck of a coach, and capable of engineering an upset.

Is it Saturday again yet?

Lol time to cement this season as a winner before my birthday. Come on boys. 

Allen is coaching for a bonus greater than my yearly salary so doubt he will let off the prep lol. 

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol time to cement this season as a winner before my birthday. Come on boys. 

Allen is coaching for a bonus greater than my yearly salary so doubt he will let off the prep lol. 

While I'm sure he won't turn it down, something tells me that bonuses aren't primary motivators for Tom Allen.

ESPN has this as a 78.1% chance of us winning.  I respect what Northwestern has done over the years, but they aren't that team this year.  They're really bad.  They haven't scored more than 15 points in a game all year.  Coming into today, they were 124 out of 130 teams in yards per game at 277.3, and they only had 202 today so that will go down.

Their only win is against UNLV who is ranked 119 in SP+ (Rutgers is 107).

I don't want to get too cocky going into this one, but I think we'll be close to a 2 touchdown favorite.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

ESPN has this as a 78.1% chance of us winning.  I respect what Northwestern has done over the years, but they aren't that team this year.  They're really bad.  They haven't scored more than 15 points in a game all year.  Coming into today, they were 124 out of 130 teams in yards per game at 277.3, and they only had 202 today so that will go down.

I don't want to get too cocky going into this one, but I think we'll be close to a 2 touchdown favorite.

Hello...Seeking7

49 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm thinking 9.5 point favorites. People see Indiana as a double digit favorite and they'll shift too much betting towards the dog to cover.

5 hours ago, slojoe said:

NW does have a decent defense, but they are on the field so long that they wear down.

They have no passing game, but they can run.

This won't be an easy game.

From here on out no game will be easy... Purdue will be laying in the weeds waiting to try and spoil anything IU will have going for them... IU needs to stay focused on task at hand..and if I’m coach Allen,Ramsey is my starting QB from this point forward..Penix is to injury prone..shore up the defense in practice and keep the players focused 

5 hours ago, slojoe said:

NW does have a decent defense, but they are on the field so long that they wear down.

They have no passing game, but they can run.

This won't be an easy game.

While I agree with you in thinking it might not be easy , at some point in-season mental wear can really take a toll on top of physical wear. 

It is starting to be that time of year and Northwestern is really struggling.

.On the opposite side of the spectrum, it will be interesting to see if IU has the maturity to handle such a big win for the program- the following weekend.  I feel like this program grew from consecutive 5-7 years - in hindsight-  in part because they learned(the hard way) to move on from both failure and success - unlike in years past. They've already shown as much to date this season.

Starting seasons with a decent record then collapsing before win 6 teaches lessons and teams either learn them or pay for failing to.

IU feels due for a bit better execution and a bit better 60 minute performance out of the defense against a very limited Wildcats offense.

Offensively, IUs WRs are going to be a real tough match up for them too. They aren't really built to play from behind, so if Indiana can come out early and put them into a big hole ..thinking it might spiral on NU and turn into an a**kicking. .Could be wrong but my gut says Indiana getting over such a huge bump in their historic road so soon has confidence in a rare place.Time to ride the GOOD momentum the way we have saw them ride adversity right down the drain in the past! 

Best thing of all to me post Nebraska game might be getting the feeling nobody interviewed for IU appears satisfied! Hoping that is true and also for the good home crowd Allen already called for post game.

Go Hoosiers!!!  Sic 'em!! 

28 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I pulled up the B1G standings.  Just to gaze at it, and where IU currently stands.  Don't mind saying. It was a beautiful thing to view.

Then. I noticed.  In five B1G games.  Northwestern has scored a massive total of 38 points.  WOW !

Hopefully they've only scored 38 points after 6 B1G games!

10 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

78% before yesterday's games I believe. 

They just updated it. 81% chance to win. 

41 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I pulled up the B1G standings.  Just to gaze at it, and where IU currently stands.  Don't mind saying. It was a beautiful thing to view.

Then. I noticed.  In five B1G games.  Northwestern has scored a massive total of 38 points.  WOW !

I've always liked Fitzgerald but this years version is just brutal. I usually reserve my spite comments for hoops recruits who choose to head out of state. But for this week...sure would like to know how Hunter Johnson feels about his transfer from Clemson. 

Archived