Northwestern Pregame Thread

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Leathernecks said:

Having Cronk come back and move to LG would be a massive gain for the team next year.

Yes.. I expect Aidan Rafferty to be in the mix somewhere, as well.

Might go... T's Bedford and Jones, G's Rafferty and Cronk, C Crider. 

First back up- Norwah. If one of the tackles get hurt, either guard could move to T because that's their natural position. 

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Of the 52 players listed on our 2 deep depth chart (some positions list three players)

10/52 are SRs

9/52 are JRs

19/52 are SOs

14/52 are FR

Not listed but expected to be at least solid players later on: Beau Robbins, Cam Williams, Larry Tracy, Jacolby Hewitt, Josh Sanguinetti, DK Bonhomme, CJ Person, De'Shaun Brown, Gary Cooper, Jeramy Passmore, Antoine Whitner.

We finally have depth. Not enough depth, but we really do have a fair amount of kids, especially young ones that can play. 

I'm assuming QB is a position that lists 3, but can't forget that outside of our official 2-deep at QB is Jack Tuttle.

One last thing.. 

We were down 14-3 on the road in front of 90,000 and we ended up being ahead 38-24... 35 to 10 run... on the road.... in front of 90,000 lol 

We won on the road the last two weeks and didn't even play perfect. We have a good football team, not a perfect one, but a darn good one and more importantly a tough one. 

Have absolutely LOVED what we have done with Stevie Scott this year. He's only avg 15 carries a game, but 18 total touches because he avgs 3 catches a game. So, we are getting him the ball in the open space at least three times a game. He is still avging 101 yards of total offense a game. 

In general.. our RBs are avging 140 yards of total offense per game. Love it. They don't just have to slam it between the tackles to be effective. 

I found it pretty cool that a Nebraska fan posted this CTA's presser on their message board.  He was so inspired by Allen's passion and drive, that he suggested that IU may just beat Penn St...The entire presser is good, but it really gets good at the 11:45 mark!!! It's pretty powerful. Enjoy and GO IU!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=018KJXhwxW0&feature=youtu.be

12 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I found it pretty cool that a Nebraska fan posted this CTA's presser on their message board.  He was so inspired by Allen's passion and drive, that he suggested that IU may just beat Penn St...The entire presser is good, but it really gets good at the 11:45 mark!!! It's pretty powerful. Enjoy and GO IU!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=018KJXhwxW0&feature=youtu.be

I promise you CTA would take a bullet for any of our kids, and I'll guarantee you they'd do the same!

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I promise you CTA would take a bullet for any of our kids, and I'll guarantee you they'd do the same!

That's why I was confident the last 2 seasons that Allen would get things going.  As soon as you hear him talk for 2 seconds, you know the culture he's trying to build.  He lives and breathes LEO, and it isn't a mantra to him, it is a lifestyle.

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

That's why I was confident the last 2 seasons that Allen would get things going.  As soon as you hear him talk for 2 seconds, you know the culture he's trying to build.  He lives and breathes LEO, and it isn't a mantra to him, it is a lifestyle.

Truth. I was fortunate enough to talk to him in a small setting with 2 other people this summer for about 10 mins. Didnt know me at all, he gained nothing by taking the time to talk to me.. but he was humble and just has something about him that I love. 

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Catapults get their force from tension and "spring" forward to launch something.

Trebuchets use gravity and counter weights to swing the arm around and launch things.

Filing this away next time I need to fling some boiling oil over the castle wall at those pesky Saxon invaders. 

Archived