Northwestern Pregame Thread

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another mind blowing tidbit...in our "illustrious" football history we have only appeared in the AP preseason Top 20/25 poll a total of twice.  Back to back years. 1968 and 1969.  I was alive then but I was pooping mustard.  This IU team very well could break that drought as well.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Truth. I was fortunate enough to talk to him in a small setting with 2 other people this summer for about 10 mins. Didnt know me at all, he gained nothing by taking the time to talk to me.. but he was humble and just has something about him that I love. 

I would have given anything to have been you, for those ten minutes.  Coach just seems to ooze Cream and Crimson.  Some feel his pre-game hep talks are beyond the pale. Not me.  Coach is bringing the fire. In the locker room and on the field.  I love it.

33 minutes ago, rico said:

Another mind blowing tidbit...in our "illustrious" football history we have only appeared in the AP preseason Top 20/25 poll a total of twice.  Back to back years. 1968 and 1969.  I was alive then but I was pooping mustard.  This IU team very well could break that drought as well.

I was just thinking about that this morning!  If we can finish this year close to the top 25, we've got a chance of starting the season ranked next year.

If we can beat NW and Purdue and stay close to PSU and Michigan, a bowl win would have us very close by the end of the year.  Winning 3 of the last 4 and a bowl game would almost guarantee it.

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I was just thinking about that this morning!  If we can finish this year close to the top 25, we've got a chance of starting the season ranked next year.

If we can beat NW and Purdue and stay close to PSU and Michigan, a bowl win would have us very close by the end of the year.  Winning 3 of the last 4 and a bowl game would almost guarantee it.

Yeah, I have been thinking about it myself.  I was shocked to see that after '87 we weren't ranked the following preseason.

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Northwestern is the only B1G school with a negative point differential.  And has not scored a TD in their last 9 quarters. 

I do believe IU has a negative point differential in conference play.  Albeit due to Ohio St.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

Oh geez...I was guzzling beer then.  Dang kids.  LOL

I didnt make it home from the hospital until Dec 29, 1990... first thing I "watched" IU/Auburn in the Peach Bowl. 

My dad has never forgave me for being born then.. he would have been at the game if it weren't for me. Lol 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I didnt make in home from the hospital until Dec 29, 1990... first thing I "watched" IU/Auburn in the Peach Bowl. 

My dad has never forgave me for being born then.. he would have been at the game if it weren't for me. Lol 

You dad gum youngins.....LOL

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I would have given anything to have been you, for those ten minutes.  Coach just seems to ooze Cream and Crimson.  Some feel his pre-game hep talks are beyond the pale. Not me.  Coach is bringing the fire. In the locker room and on the field.  I love it.

That's what makes Allen unique. Some guys go into rants and emotional speeches like that, and it feels like a sales pitch (and a mediocre one at that). Allen has never appeared as anything but genuine.

17 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Been 2 hours since a post here and it seems weird.  Usually if there is more than 1 post in 2 hours it seems weird.  I could get used to this new traffic.

No problem being a front runner football fan base. Given our last 100 years or so I think we deserve a little latitude. Right? Haha...Kidding aside. There are plenty of us who can't wait to watch this program develop. Hope it happens. 

Archived