penix or ramsey

coachv

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Wait. Now I am confused. First you say Michael is starting per Coach Allen. Now you are saying it has yet to be determined ?   What is it ?  Not picking on you. Just a need to know.

Named the starter before the season.  He's already chosen Penix over Ramsey.

Just saw a tweet that said expect an update later in the week, so he'll probably be a game time decision again.

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Named the starter before the season.  He's already chosen Penix over Ramsey.

Just saw a tweet that said expect an update later in the week, so he'll probably be a game time decision again.

Ah. OK. Gotcha.  Thanks for clearing that up for me. 

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I have to go Ramsey on this.  All other things being equal, i will side with the player that has proven he can stay on the field.  It's tough when 6 days of practice and preparation get flushed when the starting QB gets injured before halftime.  

have to wonder if penix would have survived the brutal helmet to the sternum that ramsey took. me? forget the ambulance. just call the undertaker

50 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

And coaches aren’t allowed to change their mind on a starter?

Coach Allen said TOday in his presser that Penix is the starter and that has been well communicated but if he cant go Ramsey will start. So when ever healthy, Penix will start.

9 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I found this post  on a neighboring IU message board, very interesting.....👇

...Greg Doyel said that Doug Ramsey told him that schools are breaking rules to call and try to get Peyton to transfer next summer. Apparently a lot of them are Power 5 schools. 

Doyel is a douche, but I could absolutely see that. Why wouldn't they? 

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

...Greg Doyel said that Doug Ramsey told him that schools are breaking rules to call and try to get Peyton to transfer next summer. Apparently a lot of them are Power 5 schools. 

I hope IU reports every one calling.

My only concern with Penix, and this will continue into next year, is his apparent proclivity for getting hurt.  First it was his arm "problem", which I still don't understand and may resurface again at any time.  Next, he may not be able to withstand hits.  For now, he should start, since the offense is more dynamic with him.  However, once Ramsay leaves, IU had better have another very good QB ready, because I don't think Penix can play a full season.

36 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I hope IU reports every one calling.

Also, if you could define the term "good people", Peyton and Doug Ramsey would unconditionally qualify.  TBH, it's probably a mark down in their book trying to contact him outside of proper channels. 

17 minutes ago, IUguy said:

My only concern with Penix, and this will continue into next year, is his apparent proclivity for getting hurt.  First it was his arm "problem", which I still don't understand and may resurface again at any time.  Next, he may not be able to withstand hits.  For now, he should start, since the offense is more dynamic with him.  However, once Ramsay leaves, IU had better have another very good QB ready, because I don't think Penix can play a full season.

Tuttle?

On 10/29/2019 at 11:41 AM, Artesian_86 said:

he only has one season left, right?

Archived