penix or ramsey

coachv

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy call, Penix.

I’d say performance wise they’re probably close to being equal, but Penix is the guy long term as we all know. Why mess with his confidence? CTA made the decision prior the season and Penix has done nothing to make that decision look foolish-he’s just been injured.

The best thing about this QB controversy is that Coach Allen has never said he plans to platoon both QB's.  Someone once said if you have two QB's then you have no QB's.

Both of our guys have their own ways to win games.  And aside from injuries, should be allowed to win games, without having to come out, just because it was game planned that way.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

The best thing about this QB controversy is that Coach Allen has never said he plans to platoon both QB's.  Someone once said if you have two QB's then you have no QB's.

Both of our guys have their own ways to win games.  And aside from injuries, should be allowed to win games, without having to come out, just because it was game planned that way.

Pretty sure the saying is if you DON'T have two quarterbacks then you have no quarterbacks. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Pretty sure the saying is if you DON'T have two quarterbacks then you have no quarterbacks. 

I do believe you are correct.  And that I messed the saying up.

However, in IU's case....I believe we have two QB's that not only we can rely upon.  But not fret when either is running the show.  Just don't platoon them. 

11 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

If Penix is healthy, start him.  He was named starter and when healthy has been pretty dynamic.  If he's banged up, let him rest and give Ramsey the start.  He has proven he can handle it.

Well one thing about Peyton. He has the game time experience that Michael does not have. And given that, I believe Peyton has upped his game, due to that experience.  Peyton, IMHO is not on the same physical level as Michael ( when healthy) , but as I just said, has upped his game due to more game time experience.  I just see a growth in Ramsey's game that I did not see last season.  Offensive co-ordinators aside. 

3 hours ago, madmax said:

Easy call, Penix.

I’d say performance wise they’re probably close to being equal, but Penix is the guy long term as we all know. Why mess with his confidence? CTA made the decision prior the season and Penix has done nothing to make that decision look foolish-he’s just been injured.

This is where I'm at. Penix is the starter. We appreciate what PR has done but Penix is our guy. When healthy he's our starter. 

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

What you said definitely is a saying people use.  I don't really like it because I think having 2 good options fight it out is a good thing, but it definitely is a saying.  People use it when a coach plays more than one quarterback in the same game.  Kind of like when we played Ramsey a few series and sat Lagow at the beginning of Allen's first year.

I think what btown said might be a saying too.  Two different ways of looking at a similar situation.

26 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

What you said definitely is a saying people use.  I don't really like it because I think having 2 good options fight it out is a good thing, but it definitely is a saying.  People use it when a coach plays more than one quarterback in the same game.  Kind of like when we played Ramsey a few series and sat Lagow at the beginning of Allen's first year.

I think what btown said might be a saying too.  Two different ways of looking at a similar situation.

Thanks for this post.  You're the best. And that's not to take anything away from btown.  Love ya both.

9 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Actually, a situation like that is different. Ramsey and Lagow were opposites in terms of playing style. Lagow was a drop back passer, while Ramsey was/is more mobile. Coaches can do that to keep defenses off balance.

Penix and Ramsey are similar in style. You don't get the positive benefit of the defense being off balance by switching them.

13 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Actually, a situation like that is different. Ramsey and Lagow were opposites in terms of playing style. Lagow was a drop back passer, while Ramsey was/is more mobile. Coaches can do that to keep defenses off balance.

Penix and Ramsey are similar in style. You don't get the positive benefit of the defense being off balance by switching them.

It was just the first one that came to mind. I remember a couple people saying it that year, buy I agree with your points. It worked the year when we had Roberson and Sudfeld too.

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

There is one big difference between the two...which arm they throw with.  Might seem insignificant but...

I had to laugh this morning watching the tailgate today (Nov 2) on the BTN.  As they were saying Indiana has the two best QB combination in all of college football. They went on to say words to the effect that is a luxury that hardly any college teams have going for them 

58 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I had to laugh this morning watching the tailgate today (Nov 2) on the BTN.  As they were saying Indiana has the two best QB combination in all of college football. They went on to say words to the effect that is a luxury that hardly any college teams have going for them 

Our third stringer ain't half bad either. Beats the hell out of a few years ago, where we were down to Danny Cameron and a duct-taped Zander.

On 10/31/2019 at 4:53 PM, milehiiu said:

Well one thing about Peyton. He has the game time experience that Michael does not have. And given that, I believe Peyton has upped his game, due to that experience.  Peyton, IMHO is not on the same physical level as Michael ( when healthy) , but as I just said, has upped his game due to more game time experience.  I just see a growth in Ramsey's game that I did not see last season.  Offensive co-ordinators aside. 

or totally due to the new offensive coordinator

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

As much as I hate to say it. It seems that Michael is the FB version of Maurice Creek from the BB side, years previously.

Two great kids. Who did/don't deserve what has/happened to them.

Hold on.  Let's not curse the kid.  He has yet to have a catastrophic season ending injury that affected his ability to walk.  

Archived