penix or ramsey

coachv

Penix.  I personally just am more excited while he is on the field, but....

as someone that was pretty down on Ramsey last year he clearly looks way better this year.  His downfield throwing has been way better and that can’t just be the new OC.  I personally am more comfortable with Ramsey in the game this year than in the past and it doesn’t surprise me at all to hear other schools may be interested in him.  If Penix is out for the long term like broken collarbone I think the team can keep doing solid with Ramsey.  He seems to have really matured this year.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Penix.  I personally just am more excited while he is on the field, but....

as someone that was pretty down on Ramsey last year he clearly looks way better this year.  His downfield throwing has been way better and that can’t just be the new OC.  I personally am more comfortable with Ramsey in the game this year than in the past and it doesn’t surprise me at all to hear other schools may be interested in him.  If Penix is out for the long term like broken collarbone I think the team can keep doing solid with Ramsey.  He seems to have really matured this year.

The game seems to have slowed down for Peyton.  Urban Meyer loved how Peyton is able to survey the field and find the open man, without locking his vision on him.

On 10/29/2019 at 10:49 AM, btownqb said:

Tuttle?

Penix out again after less than one half.  If the kid could stay on his feet he might become a great one.  Problem is, apparently any hit he takes, hard or soft, puts him out of the game.  Not sure exactly what his problem is, but its is most concerning to me and probably to CTA also.  Thank G-d for Ramsay!   Certainly a weird, perplexing problem going forward this year and then into next year.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Hes played more than Penix so the answer so far would be 7 wins 

Wait what? Lol 

Hes played like marginally more than Penix. Like 20 plays or something. Some of that is mop up time. 

You're kind of caught up on this and it's really weird. Penix is a better football player. Love Ramsey though. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Wait what? Lol 

Hes played like marginally more than Penix. Like 20 plays or something. Some of that is mop up time. 

You're kind of caught up on this and it's really weird. Penix is a better football player. Love Ramsey though. 

I’m crediting Penix with anytime that would be mop. And only crediting Ramsey with the quarters he started. 

Penix - 17 Quarters of Football. 
Ramsey - 19 Quarters of Football( Thats 19 whole quarters not even counting the parts of games when he came in for a drive or two after an injury mid quarter.)

By the end of the season it will likely be 17 -35 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

I’m crediting Penix with anytime that would be mop. And only crediting Ramsey with the quarters he started. 

Penix - 17 Quarters of Football. 
Ramsey - 19 Quarters of Football( Thats 19 whole quarters not even counting the parts of games when he came in for a drive or two after an injury mid quarter.)

By the end of the season it will likely be 17 -35 

Ok? What exactly did you prove? 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ok? What exactly did you prove? 

That Ramsey has been our QB more than Penix. This season is thanks to him more than Penix. 

he entered Maryland game tied won by 6. Played all Nebraska and got us the win. Those were the games that were the key to this season. Everybody would be sweating bullets if we were 5-4 right now. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

That Ramsey has been our QB more than Penix. This season is thanks to him more than Penix. 

he entered Maryland game tied won by 6. Played all Nebraska and got us the win. Those were the games that were the key to this season. Everybody would be sweating bullets if we were 5-4 right now. 

But we win those games with Penix too? Thanks to him more than Penix. Idk what to even say to that. 6 of Ramseys quarters came against UCONN and EIU. Silly argument. Penix is a stud and Ramsey is solid as s***. 

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Sad that Penix is down for the season.  Happy that IU has already qualified as being bowl eligible.  And feeling even better that IU has had two very good QB's... with one more on the bench, should the unthinkable happen.  

Now the Penix is out, the remaining teams are probably liking that they have to face Ramsey instead of Penix. I also feel that there may be a lack of respect for Ramsey's abilities to lead this team the rest of the way. It will be tough.....

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Sad that Penix is down for the season.  Happy that IU has already qualified as being bowl eligible.  And feeling even better that IU has had two very good QB's... with one more on the bench, should the unthinkable happen.  

Something tells me that Reese is getting some work in practice for QB

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Now the Penix is out, the remaining teams are probably liking that they have to face Ramsey instead of Penix. I also feel that there may be a lack of respect for Ramsey's abilities to lead this team the rest of the way. It will be tough.....

You've got that right. As good as Ramsey has played and as tough as he is the amount of plays that have to be prepared for when playing against IU have gone down. 

I really like both at the QB spot for us.  I am ok with either starting as both have proven themselves to be there.  My biggest concerns moving forward though.

1. With Penix out how do we look if Ramsey needs a stretch on the side line.  I have not seen enough of Tuttle to say one way or the other.

2. Long term.  Penix seems to be made of glass.  Always hurt and now two season ending situations.  Once Ramsey is gone can he sustain the role?  Again see number one as I have not see Tuttle that much.

Overall I think we are lucky to have both players and happy the Ramsey did not develop a chip on his shoulder.  He is a great team player and team mate.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

What sucks is Ramsey won't run as much now. 

Conversely.  The game plan has changed enough this year, to take advantage of Peyton's abilities.  He is overlooking the field much better this season. And not locking onto his intended targets.  Plus. Let's not forget that Stevie is coming on in terms of his ability to run the ball. Lastly, Penix is out for the season.  On a running play. We definitely don't need that to happen to Peyton. 

Ain't it great to be bowl eligible at this point in the season. Knowing we don't need our QB running the ball to BECOME bowl eligible ?

Archived