Possible Bowl Game Destinations

Citrus or Outback Bowls would be f*****g sweet.  Not even going to start dreaming about Rose/Orange level bowls.....this year anyway.

Although I'm reminded of a joke that Steve Spurrier made that involved the Citrus Bowl.  When he was at Florida, the Citrus automatically took the 2nd place team from the SEC.  The Gators at the time were the dominant team in the SEC and in particular, had Tennessee's number, prompting Spurrier to quote "You can't spell Citrus without U-T". 

31 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Citrus or Outback Bowls would be f*****g sweet.  Not even going to start dreaming about Rose/Orange level bowls.....this year anyway.

Although I'm reminded of a joke that Steve Spurrier made that involved the Citrus Bowl.  When he was at Florida, the Citrus automatically took the 2nd place team from the SEC.  The Gators at the time were the dominant team in the SEC and in particular, had Tennessee's number, prompting Spurrier to quote "You can't spell Citrus without U-T". 

That reminds me of Purdue fans that say "you can't spell stupid without IU".  Uhhhhh, you can't spell it without PU either there buddy.

6 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

That reminds me of Purdue fans that say "you can't spell stupid without IU".  Uhhhhh, you can't spell it without PU either there buddy.

Any of the Florida games I would love. Very possible by the end of the week I will be down there with a new job so easy travel!

1 hour ago, rogue3542 said:

Reading that list, I'd say Holiday, Outback, Citrus, or Gator Bowls seem like the most likely scenarios.  I think IU finishes with at least 8 wins this season.

I would love any of these bowls, but from a pure entertainment value, I wouldn't hate the Music City Bowl against maybe a Kentucky?  Nash Vegas is not a crazy drive, really great city, and a rival we have not played in ages.  Don't put it past a bowl to try to make this happen.  My wife is from Kentucky and is a Kentucky fan, so this has a personal slant for me as well.

4 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

I would love any of these bowls, but from a pure entertainment value, I wouldn't hate the Music City Bowl against maybe a Kentucky?  Nash Vegas is not a crazy drive, really great city, and a rival we have not played in ages.  Don't put it past a bowl to try to make this happen.  My wife is from Kentucky and is a Kentucky fan, so this has a personal slant for me as well.

I could be wrong but I thought I remember hearing that it’s unlikely a B1G would go to the Music City Bowl this year since they’ve been 3 years in a row. Something like they could only go 3 times over 6 years or something of that nature. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

I could be wrong but I thought I remember hearing that it’s unlikely a B1G would go to the Music City Bowl this year since they’ve been 3 years in a row. Something like they could only go 3 times over 6 years or something of that nature. 

Ahh, good to know.  I wasn't aware of that and, quite frankly, it is impossible to keep up with who has played at what bowl and in what year thing.

25 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If it was a compelling enough matchup, I'm sure they'd make an exception.  These minor bowl/conference agreements have more loopholes and out clauses than one of 5fouls' prenups. 

34 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

My wife is from Kentucky and is a Kentucky fan, so this has a personal slant for me as well.

My wife is from Kentucky, went to UK for a year, we live a little more than an hour from the Great Satan's Butthole Lexington, and half of my household income comes from UK. 

Thank God for bourbon. 

46 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

There wasnt a B1G team that played in the game last year.. :coffee:

13 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I want any bowl in Florida.  With all the recruits we get from there, it could be a great recruiting opportunity.

Selfishly me too. We've gained some very strong traction there. What a treat for the kids/players who decided to leave the state only to come back and play in Tampa or wherever in front of friends/family. 

Archived