Do you believe in ghosts ?

milehiiu

With Halloween fast approaching. I thought this would be a good time to ask.

I read an article, the other day that said nearly 50% of Americans believe in ghosts.  And I wondered why.

Here is a link to a ghost site :

Why Do People Believe in Ghosts?

So, the question is.  Hoosier Sports Nation. Do you believe in ghosts.  And if so, why ?

Not technically 'ghostly', but definitely spiritual.  And, this is the honest to goodness truth. 

I was a teenager when my father passed away suddenly.  The night he passed, I was at a friend's house several miles away with a group of other guys.  It was not a party, no alcohol or anything like that involved, but we were being rowdy and horsing around as teenage boys are apt to do.  All of the sudden, I felt something very strange overcome me, and I literally had to sit down for several minutes to regain my equilibrium,  This is in the 1980's, so before cell phones.  About 15-20 minutes after that strange feeling hit me, my cousin tracked me down via telephone (landline) and told me to come home right away.   I firmly believe that the timing of when I experienced that feeling when compared to the exact time when my dad must have died was not a coincidence.   

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not technically 'ghostly', but definitely spiritual.  And, this is the honest to goodness truth. 

I was a teenager when my father passed away suddenly.  The night he passed, I was at a friend's house several miles away with a group of other guys.  It was not a party, no alcohol or anything like that involved, but we were being rowdy and horsing around as teenage boys are apt to do.  All of the sudden, I felt something very strange overcome me, and I literally had to sit down for several minutes to regain my equilibrium,  This is in the 1980's, so before cell phones.  About 15-20 minutes after that strange feeling hit me, my cousin tracked me down via telephone (landline) and told me to come home right away.   I firmly believe that the timing of when I experienced that feeling when compared to the exact time when my dad must have died was not a coincidence.   

Thanks for that share.  Something I am sure you will always think and wonder about.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I stayed here for three days, a few years back.  Never saw a ghost.  However, good friends of ours, one a very well respected lawyer. Stayed in what is reported to be the most haunted room. Claimed they saw orbs, and things moved in the room at night. 

America's Most Haunted Hotel | Eureka Springs, Arkansas 

Is there really anything like a well respected lawyer?  

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

God is Good! Best I have for you! love ya brotha!

I am gonna go with 5fouls' spiritual aspect...

Labor Day week-end 1994.  I had just got off work on Friday and got to my house only to receive a call from a cousin that lived in Ligonier.  He invited me to his place.  He had a buddy that was having a week-end party.  I accepted and drove up without telling anyone where I was going.  2 1/2 days of heavy drinking and womanizing.  I return home at noon on Labor Day.  I find I have 9 messages on my recorder(land line.)  I got through the first 4.  All from my Mother from early in the morning.  All pretty much saying the same thing, that she was worried about me and to please call back.  I was about to listen to the 5th one and Mom and Dad show up at my house.  Mom explains that she had a dream that involved police lights and police officers.  I laughed at it, as did Dad but he told me Mom was really upset and they both glad to see I was alright.  After about 2 hours they left.  So I went back to my recorder.  Mom left the 1st 8 messages, but the 9th was from the Ohio Hwy Patrol.  My sister was in a bad accident around Lima, Ohio late Sunday.  She was hospitalized and in serious condition.  My jaw hit the floor.  Mom's dream was true, she just had the wrong child.  So I packed again and me and the folks drove to Lima.  How my sister survived the wreck I don't know, came out of it with a few broken ribs and a concussion.

But whenever my Mom tells me about one of her dreams, I don't laugh anymore.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I am gonna go with 5fouls' spiritual aspect...

Labor Day week-end 1994.  I had just got off work on Friday and got to my house only to receive a call from a cousin that lived in Ligonier.  He invited me to his place.  He had a buddy that was having a week-end party.  I accepted and drove up without telling anyone where I was going.  2 1/2 days of heavy drinking and womanizing.  I return home at noon on Labor Day.  I find I have 9 messages on my recorder(land line.)  I got through the first 4.  All from my Mother from early in the morning.  All pretty much saying the same thing, that she was worried about me and to please call back.  I was about to listen to the 5th one and Mom and Dad show up at my house.  Mom explains that she had a dream that involved police lights and police officers.  I laughed at it, as did Dad but he told me Mom was really upset and they both glad to see I was alright.  After about 2 hours they left.  So I went back to my recorder.  Mom left the 1st 8 messages, but the 9th was from the Ohio Hwy Patrol.  My sister was in a bad accident around Lima, Ohio late Sunday.  She was hospitalized and in serious condition.  My jaw hit the floor.  Mom's dream was true, she just had the wrong child.  So I packed again and me and the folks drove to Lima.  How my sister survived the wreck I don't know, came out of it with a few broken ribs and a concussion.

But whenever my Mom tells me about one of her dreams, I don't laugh anymore.

So glad your sister came out OK after that wreck.  My question is why did no one call your parents about your sister when you did not answer the phone.

41 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So glad your sister came out OK after that wreck.  My question is why did no one call your parents about your sister when you did not answer the phone.

It was pure and simple what Sis had in her purse.  They of course found her license(she was single at that time) in her purse along with my business card.  I was the first contact number they retrieved from the crash scene.  They didn't know who I was other than the last names matched.  So they called the # on what they found at that time.  

I have multiple paranormal experiences throughout my life.  Most recently captured an orb on video.

But the most real experience I had was in 2006 when I was with my dad at an REO Speedwagon concert at white river state park in downtown Idny.  My dad had a fatal heart attack, and I held his hand as he passed.  And I felt comforrting hands on my shoulders.  The spirit is real. 

I believe in "ghosts" in the biblical sense.

On 10/31/2019 at 7:01 AM, Billingsley99 said:

I believe there are many things that we cant explain.  Since I believe in Angel's it's hard to not say there are demons and tormented souls. Not to get too biblical but the battle we fight is not physical but truly spiritual 

Even if you toss The Bible and the religions it represents.  All other religions have similar thoughts and beliefs surrounding "paranormal" happenings.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Even if you toss The Bible and the religions it represents.  All other religions have similar thoughts and beliefs surrounding "paranormal" happenings.

"Son, in 35 years of religious studies, I’ve come up with only two hard, incontrovertible facts: There is a God . . . and I’m not Him.”

Archived