The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 5fouls said:

As an IU fan, what would your reaction be if the Hoosiers beat another team by 94 points?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28038459/utah-cruises-mississippi-valley-state-largest-win-vs-d-opponent

I would not want to see that at all but if a coach puts the end of the bench in and they still score there is not much that can be done.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Florida / Florida State matchup should be interesting today.  Will learn a little bit about our ACC / Big Ten Challenge opponent.

So far it has not been a well played game and Florida looks pretty bad.  FSU lost their first game at PItt and yesterday PItt lost at home to Nicholls State.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So far it has not been a well played game and Florida looks pretty bad.  FSU lost their first game at PItt and yesterday PItt lost at home to Nicholls State.

I watched a little of the FSU-Pitt game, and FSU didn't look good at all.

That said, Leonard Hamilton is a helluva coach. His teams always seem to improve greatly over the year. It'll be a good barometer for us.

Geez, I didn't know Leonard was 71. He's getting up there...

42 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I watched a little of the FSU-Pitt game, and FSU didn't look good at all.

That said, Leonard Hamilton is a helluva coach. His teams always seem to improve greatly over the year. It'll be a good barometer for us.

Geez, I didn't know Leonard was 71. He's getting up there...

I noticed he delegated a time-out to another coach. I wonder how often he does that. I've seen little ricky pitino do that a lot. No surprise there. 

Florida State will be an excellent test beating #6 Florida on Florida's home floor.

...as an aside, Florida's crowd was pathetic with a capital P.  Not much of a home crowd advantage when the stands are mostly empty. Huge rivalry game...national TV and the #6 ranking...and that is how the fans support the program?!!

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Florida State will be an excellent test beating #6 Florida on Florida's home floor.

...as an aside, Florida's crowd was pathetic with a capital P.  Not much of a home crowd advantage when the stands are mostly empty. Huge rivalry game...national TV and the #6 ranking...and that is how the fans support the program?!!

My worry about the FSU game is mostly that they will have already played two power conference road games before coming to Assembly Hall, while for IU it will be our first game vs. a power 5 school. FSU will be ready for that game, and while Pitt and Florida don’t have the home court that IU does, they still will have been in a road environment against big conference schools twice already. 

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I noticed he delegated a time-out to another coach. I wonder how often he does that. I've seen little ricky pitino do that a lot. No surprise there. 

I have a friend that coaches at the college level, and he once told me that associate head coach Stan Jones is the real brains behind the operation at FSU.

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok gang. Which thread are we using to discuss non IU. The one that says Non IU....or the one that around NCAA,etc....

I started this one a couple of weeks ago in an effort to retire the 3 year old, 250 page thread.  It may be just me, but I dislike those never-ending threads like that.  It admittedly has not worked out well so far, as there have been ongoing conversations in the other one.  All that said, I'm a roll with the flow kind of guy, so if others prefer to use the old thread, I'm not going to complain.  My post above about the Big Ten was one last ditch effort to drive the conversation to this thread.  If that does not work, then so be it.    

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I started this one a couple of weeks ago in an effort to retire the 3 year old, 250 page thread.  It may be just me, but I dislike those never-ending threads like that.  It admittedly has not worked out well so far, as there have been ongoing conversations in the other one.  All that said, I'm a roll with the flow kind of guy, so if others prefer to use the old thread, I'm not going to complain.  My post above about the Big Ten was one last ditch effort to drive the conversation to this thread.  If that does not work, then so be it.    

Sounds good. I'll just keep my comments in this one. Thanks!

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll echo my thoughts in this thread. 28 point turnarounds are unheard of. Those complaining of missing Carsen ball last year might wish he was back. He's the type of guy who could change the momentum.....and it's not like Marquette is good. 

Top 3 threads at GBI (not joking):

1) This Marquette team is not good

2) We suck

3) CMP must go

:nansplit:

Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

Top 3 threads at GBI (not joking):

1) This Marquette team is not good

2) We suck

3) CMP must go

:nansplit:

Certainly early and plenty of things can change but when you lose a game changer/scorer like Edwards as we all know it causes plenty of problems in other areas. Defenses can focus on whoever the next guy is.....Edwards created so much space it helped Mr. Hair and others get easy baskets.

Long season so I wouldn't be overly concerned yet but the early indicators is maybe CE covered up deficiencies and Painter hasn't properly recruited a scorer to help Hair, Eastern, Wheeler,etc...

Archived