The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

53 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Some of you all need to let the Crean stuff go. We’ve moved on, he’s moved on. It’s over. Let it be. 

Love ya PJ.  I know you know that.  The fact that I was disappointed that Coach Crean wiffed on Branden Dawson, does not mean I will speak ill of Coach. After all. He was one of the very few IU coaches that ever walked into my old high school in NWI, or any school in NWI for that matter,  when he was chasing BJ.  And I was in the gym at Overland when Coach Crean walked in to watch De'Ron Davis.  And I have said all along that I have appreciated what Coach Crean did for IU. When others turned the gig down.  Also felt he eventually got burned out. No...you won't hear me speak ill of Coach Crean.  Who, unlike Coach Knight, who also got fired from IU.... has never spoken ill of IU. 

Coach Crean is part of our heritage. Yes the past. But no different than Mike Davis or Bobby Knight.  It's what we do.  Talk about our past. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Coach Crean is part of our heritage. Yes the past. But no different than Mike Davis or Bobby Knight.  It's what we do.  Talk about our past. 

I will admit, I get a bit defensive about Crean. Crean bashing is a pet peeve of mine. I agree it was time for a parting of ways, but too often I felt like the critiques of his coaching and frustrations with were turned far too personal. Even in the discussing the past with him, that borderline irrational hatred almost always shows up from some, IMO.  I could go on, but I won’t because like I said I think it’s just time to let it be. 

And you know I love you too, Mile. 

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's moved on?  That was a clear shot at Archie.

Seemed that way to me as well.  That was disappointing and I don't think criticizing his Indiana recruiting misses were at all out of line after he made the crack about Henry.

I'm not a fan of Crean-bashing either.  He did a lot of good reviving the program while he was here, but when you take a shot at the current staff, the gloves come off.

Now that I have that out of my system, I can agree to move on

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

On a related note: The NCAA has opened an investigation into impermissible benefits to basketball players at Stephen F. Austin University, details to come later.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’ve been pretty impressed with Ohio State so far this year. Thinking they may be the class of the B1G. They have two big games coming up in December. Next week against North Carolina and later against Kentucky. Should tell us a lot about them because Michigan St has been a let down.

I agree about Ohio State, DJ Carton is looking really good and he is coming off the bench. MSU is always a let down this time of year. My brother went there and we talk about it every year, MSU starts out looking really shakey then takes the B1G by storm. I honestly think that Izzo likes it that way, it gets the kids to understand that they can lose if they don’t bring the effort and follow his system.

10 hours ago, SteveS said:

I agree about Ohio State, DJ Carton is looking really good and he is coming off the bench. MSU is always a let down this time of year. My brother went there and we talk about it every year, MSU starts out looking really shakey then takes the B1G by storm. I honestly think that Izzo likes it that way, it gets the kids to understand that they can lose if they don’t bring the effort and follow his system.

Was talking about this in another thread — izzo does a very good job of developing his guys and lineups early, they look shaky early but are ready when it matters. That’s a concern I have with the limited minutes our wings and shooters are getting now, we’re going to need them in conference

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yeah by 9, fairly impressive W for UM

They were up by 20+ at one point during the second half...like 60-34, I believe.  They put it to Roy's boys pretty good.  They have size, decent quickness, decent shooting inside and from the arc.  They appear to enjoy the style of play that Coach Howard is promoting.  They can definitely take both OSU and MSU, IMHO.

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

They were up by 20+ at one point during the second half...like 60-34, I believe.  They put it to Roy's boys pretty good.  They have size, decent quickness, decent shooting inside and from the arc.  They appear to enjoy the style of play that Coach Howard is promoting.  They can definitely take both OSU and MSU, IMHO.

UNC can’t shoot....at all. They have one player.

They will make the NCAA, but UNC is down this year big time.

no way they are a top 10 team.

Archived