The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If you want a good laugh. Find the final seconds in yesterday's Cincy/Colgate game. Don't recall a player being so clueless as to score or time left in a game. Colgate wins.

Saw that.  I remember Colgate well from last year.  They gave Tennessee all they could handle in the NCAAT.  Last year Colgate had 2 kids from Fort Wayne on their roster.  Both were Homestead grads.

26 minutes ago, rico said:

Saw that.  I remember Colgate well from last year.  They gave Tennessee all they could handle in the NCAAT.  Last year Colgate had 2 kids from Fort Wayne on their roster.  Both were Homestead grads.

Yep, Dana Batt and Jack Ferguson.  I’m not really familiar with Ferguson, but Batt was on the Homestead team that won the state championship in 2015.  For a school like Homestead that hasn’t produced a lot of college talent over the years, it was crazy how stacked that team was... Every player in the rotation ended up playing in college.

You had Caleb Swanigan, who was an elite college player, Jordan Geist, who started at PG for Mizzou and averaged 15 ppg as a senior, and Batt, who was a solid role player for Colgate. Ben Skowronek ended up playing wide receiver for Northwestern.  Tahj Curry, the hero of the state championship game, played D2 basketball at Ohio Dominican and Goshen.  And Teddy Ray played D3 at Hope College and got to play in an exhibition at Assembly Hall a few years back.

1 hour ago, rico said:

They have a freshmen from my high school in PA too. I guess sometimes scrabble can be good 😀

An HSN public service. For those that are thinking about cutting cable, and going with a streaming service.  HULU Live Tv.  Has something I never saw on cable.  ESPNU College extra.  Seven channels. Only on when there are games on.  And games you would never see on cable.  Currently two games they are showing are women's BB for IUPUI and Valpo. Plus Loyala-Chicago men's BB.  And several others.  Teams you hardly ever get to see, until and unless they make it to an end of season tournament. If you love BB, like me, and as I know you do as well.... you will love this.

5 minutes ago, madmax said:

Watched most of the half. Don’t understand why Painter isn’t force feeding it in the paint. Nebraska hasn’t shot particularly well-no reason for Purdue to not be scoring/going to the foul line every trip down the floor.

Boilers shoot 22% on 9-41 and 3-18 from the arc.  Some highly ugly b-ball.  😝 Keep it going!!!  😁  Plenty of bricks to go around as NE goes 6-19 on 3 pointers.

Archived