The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I just see the problems we have are the same problems that the majority of teams have across college basketball.  There are a few top teams that are playing well and then you have a bunch of teams that are in the middle and a lot of mediocrity.

A majority of the teams across college basketball have their names on the back if their jersey's.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Impressive win for Illini. Beat Michigan, Purdue, and now at Wiscy in short order. Maybe I need to reevaluate things over there because with them and now Rutgers at 3-1 I believe....I can honestly say there isn't an easy game on our schedule home or away all year. 

We just played the weakest team on our schedule.   That scares the hell out of me.   If we win at either Rutgers or Nebraska I'll be shocked.  And those are 2 of the most winnable games left.

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

We just played the weakest team on our schedule.   That scares the hell out of me.   If we win at either Rutgers or Nebraska I'll be shocked.  And those are 2 of the most winnable game left.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Yep. At this rate I'm trying to figure out how many road games we have a chance at to offset the home losses coming so we can still finish 10-10.

Roy Williams said this years team is the least gifted team he has ever coached.  I see him starting to go for more one and done players and he has not adjusted to it that well.  he has had 3 in the last 2 years where he only had a few the rest of his career.  He seemed to do so well getting players from the 20-75 range who stayed 3 or 4 years and the team was able to get better year to year.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also saw where Auburn struggled at home against Vandy winning 83-79 avoiding their first loss of the year.

Not sold on Auburn. They've played a very weak schedule. SEC is way down from last year. Unfortunately KY may win the SEC by default. ARK may be next best. They almost knocked off LSU in Baton Rouge last night. Trendon Watford scored the winning points. Finished with 21 & 9

4 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

We just played the weakest team on our schedule.   That scares the hell out of me.   If we win at either Rutgers or Nebraska I'll be shocked.  And those are 2 of the most winnable games left.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Nope, Rutgers is not in any way the most winnable game left, Rutgers is good this season.

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Roy Williams said this years team is the least gifted team he has ever coached.  I see him starting to go for more one and done players and he has not adjusted to it that well.  he has had 3 in the last 2 years where he only had a few the rest of his career.  He seemed to do so well getting players from the 20-75 range who stayed 3 or 4 years and the team was able to get better year to year.

That's such a low class thing for a coach to say. But, well, it's ol Roy.

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

?? 

No. And publicly saying this is the "least gifted" team he has coached is trash. Things like the team isn't working hard, etc. are one thing, saying you're players are not "gifted"? YOu actually approve of that? Seriously? 

heard a lot worse through the years

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

?? 

No. And publicly saying this is the "least gifted" team he has coached is trash. Things like the team isn't working hard, etc. are one thing, saying you're players are not "gifted"?

Agree. That's a really chicken bleep thing for a coach to say. Who recruited these players? How are the players supposed to respond to being described as "least gifted"? Become more gifted?

34 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Nope, Rutgers is not in any way the most winnable game left, Rutgers is good this season.

I said Nebraska and Rutgers are 2 of the most winnable left.  Didn't say they were the most.  In fact I see us losing there.   Of the games left I'd guess they go like this unless a lightbulb comes on real quick:

OSU loss

@Rutgers loss

@Nebraska win(iffy on this)

MSU loss

Md loss

@PSU loss

@OSU loss

PU win

Iowa win

@Michigan loss

@Minny win(another iffy one)

PSU win

@PU loss

@Illinois loss

Minny win

Wisconsin loss

The only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is that even though there are a lot of good teams none(except MSU maybe) are really really good.   Every year there's always a couple teams that are hot and then fade once they get into the middle of the schedule.  Penn state nd Iowa come to mind or us last year.  Smh. Minnesota is always good for a collapse with little Ricky as well.  I would be more excited about the rest of the year had we beaten Northwestern handily.  Oh well.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived