The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

40 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Plus, they've won their last two conference games without Geo Baker

That will eventually catch up to them. And should have happened vs Penn State.

But Rutgers shot 29 free throws and Penn State shot 13. That was the game.

Neither team did anything else well.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

I said Nebraska and Rutgers are 2 of the most winnable left.  Didn't say they were the most.  In fact I see us losing there.   Of the games left I'd guess they go like this unless a lightbulb comes on real quick:

OSU loss

@Rutgers loss

@Nebraska win(iffy on this)

MSU loss

Md loss

@PSU loss

@OSU loss

PU win

Iowa win

@Michigan loss

@Minny win(another iffy one)

PSU win

@PU loss

@Illinois loss

Minny win

Wisconsin loss

The only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is that even though there are a lot of good teams none(except MSU maybe) are really really good.   Every year there's always a couple teams that are hot and then fade once they get into the middle of the schedule.  Penn state nd Iowa come to mind or us last year.  Smh. Minnesota is always good for a collapse with little Ricky as well.  I would be more excited about the rest of the year had we beaten Northwestern handily.  Oh well.

Go Hoosiers!!!

IU will not lose OSU, MSU, and Maryland at home. Not all of them.

And I bet we beat Wisky at home as well.

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

right now OSU is not playing well either

OSU has played 4 straight Top 20 opponents in this stretch(beating UK).  And they've been without their big man in the last 2 losses that were still close games.   Sure we have a chance especially if Young is still out but I wouldn't bank on it.

Go Hoosiers!!!

2 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

OSU has played 4 straight Top 20 opponents in this stretch(beating UK).  And they've been without their big man in the last 2 losses that were still close games.   Sure we have a chance especially if Young is still out but I wouldn't bank on it.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I agree not having Young hurts but is absence does not explain there 3 point shooting lately.

50 minutes ago, JugRox said:

I feel more confident we get a W in one of those 3 games then @Nebraska and especially @Minny 

The only thing I'm confident in is IU making a post season tournament.  Not sure which one yet but leaning toward the one in the Big Apple.

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

How many Big Ten road teams have won so far this year?
Maybe I’m off but it almost seems like the home teams should automatically be given a “W” and the opponents should be told they don’t have to bother with traveling to the games.

Off the top of my head, MSU won at Northwestern,  Wisconsin won at OSU and Rutgers won at Nebraska. Not sure there have been any others. 

9 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

I said Nebraska and Rutgers are 2 of the most winnable left.  Didn't say they were the most.  In fact I see us losing there.   Of the games left I'd guess they go like this unless a lightbulb comes on real quick:

OSU loss

@Rutgers loss

@Nebraska win(iffy on this)

MSU loss

Md loss

@PSU loss

@OSU loss

PU win

Iowa win

@Michigan loss

@Minny win(another iffy one)

PSU win

@PU loss

@Illinois loss

Minny win

Wisconsin loss

The only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is that even though there are a lot of good teams none(except MSU maybe) are really really good.   Every year there's always a couple teams that are hot and then fade once they get into the middle of the schedule.  Penn state nd Iowa come to mind or us last year.  Smh. Minnesota is always good for a collapse with little Ricky as well.  I would be more excited about the rest of the year had we beaten Northwestern handily.  Oh well.

Go Hoosiers!!!

One never knows, but that is about as pessimistic as one can get. 

you singled out a road game at Rutgers (11-0, playing great) as one of our best chances. there are multiple better chances and they’re all at home. 

No idea if the team will play better, and that also has to do with what lineups we play, but at home the games against teams like osu and md are different games. I do think we’ll beat Wiscy at home, for example 

3 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

One never knows, but that is about as pessimistic as one can get. 

you singled out a road game at Rutgers (11-0, playing great) as one of our best chances. there are multiple better chances and they’re all at home. 

No idea if the team will play better, and that also has to do with what lineups we play, but at home the games against teams like osu and md are different games. I do think we’ll beat Wiscy at home, for example 

Normally I'd agree about the home court advantage of AH.  However when it takes us OT to beat Nebraska and a late game comeback against a pathetic Northwestern I dunno.   It seems teams are not intimidated of AH anymore.  I can't remember which game it was((Arkansas maybe) where they actually fed off our crowd.  Northwestern used to be the one road game all the schools circled as a likely win.  Seems like we have become that lately.

As for Rutgers...I'm not completely sold on them yet.  And of all the road venues that is one that shouldn't be as intimidating for us.  But I did pick Rutgers to win so that's my story.

Go Hoosiers!!!

49 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Nobody here wants to talk about Purdue being 9-7 on Jan. 9th of this year ?  Weren't they a B1G pre-season favorite ?  At least top third ? 

They get MSU at home which is pretty much a must win. Their February isn’t as tough as ours, but they have a lot of ground to make up. Be interesting to see what state they are in by the time they get to Bloomington.

They can still get into tourney, but they can’t lose at home.

8 minutes ago, JugRox said:

They get MSU at home which is pretty much a must win. Their February isn’t as tough as ours, but they have a lot of ground to make up. Be interesting to see what state they are in by the time they get to Bloomington.

They can still get into tourney, but they can’t lose at home.

I don't know if Sparty is a must win for the Boilers.  But it is sure as hell is an important game.

Archived