The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FKIM01 said:

Wisconsin loses to Illinois at home and then goes to #20 Penn State and wins.

Can't make any sense of this season, but if I am Archie, I'm showing these kids all these crazy game examples and telling them there's no reason they can't win every game.

This season would make a split personality on acid say "That is & $#%ing crazy"

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Virginia with 15 points with 1 minute to go in first half vs Cuse. That Virginia win by the school up north looking more and more mediocre by the game.

I argued that here earlier after a certain fan was defending the Virginia win as a good one.  Virginia is REALLY offensively-challenged.

5 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Northwestern up by 15 vs. Nebraska (in Evanston), which would put them in a tie with OSU in conference standings if they won. This season is complete wackadoodle. 

No shitzkee.  Pardon my language.  At this point of the season.... The B1G is up for grabs.

Looking at all the scores today and most teams can't even score 70 points and a lot of the games both teams were under 70.  I have not seen all the scores from today but I think I saw 2 games where both teams scored over 70.  The UW and PSU game neither teams cored n the first 4+ minutes of the game.  I use to think it was the players that is causing the lack of offense with their lack of shooting ability but now I think it has to do more with the coaching.  I don't know of it is their lack of trust of the players or what but they over coach or micro manage the offense way to much.  It is to regimented where they are pretty much just running the same sets and they are not having any free flowing offense.  

What I hate worse than anything is watching the last 3 minutes of the game and the team who is in the lead.  They seem to start just running the shot clock down by just dribbling at mid court and then with 10 seconds hey decide to drive to the basket.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looking at all the scores today and most teams can't even score 70 points and a lot of the games both teams were under 70.  I have not seen all the scores from today but I think I saw 2 games where both teams scored over 70.  The UW and PSU game neither teams cored n the first 4+ minutes of the game.  I use to think it was the players that is causing the lack of offense with their lack of shooting ability but now I think it has to do more with the coaching.  I don't know of it is their lack of trust of the players or what but they over coach or micro manage the offense way to much.  It is to regimented where they are pretty much just running the same sets and they are not having any free flowing offense.  

What I hate worse than anything is watching the last 3 minutes of the game and the team who is in the lead.  They seem to start just running the shot clock down by just dribbling at mid court and then with 10 seconds hey decide to drive to the basket.

Yep...I watched a little of the Syracuse/Virginia game...ended regulation 43 apiece...Ugly, ugly offense on both sides...then the Orangemen score 20 in the 5 minute OT...

Just one other comment from that game...Boeheim's kid plays for him, and isn't a bad player... Boeheim's wife must be like a 15 for them to have even average looking kids though...

Archived