The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep.....Carolina headed into unchartered waters with the Minnow. Roy might have to step down. 

Every coach has these years here and there. Cal missed the tourney at Kentucky a few years ago. I remember Duke having a few really bad teams that made the tourney on name alone...not mentioning us. Funny thing...UNC problem is our same problem. Guard play and leadership. They will right the ship but it is nice to see another blue blood down here...misery loves company lol.

4 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Could the almighty "We should have hired one of them" duo of Mack and Holtmann both lose on the same day?

*gasp*

Blasphemy!

Both are having as bad a stretch as Arch has had with much much much more talent. I said that the other day. Now...Archie job isn’t just to coach but get talent so he isn’t excused but I think some wins over the upper echelon of the BIG like last year at MSU...now OSU and hopefully Michigan and yes even Purdue and get us in the tourney and we see momentum shift on that front.

34 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

And the reaction in Clemson was "Hey, that's great! How much longer till kickoff?"

In all honesty if IU football was playing in the NC game and our b-ball team won sat its first game in the Kohl center I too probably would be thinking about the football game lol!

Looking at No Carolina's box score their starters and their recruit rank are #217 jr guard, 60 sr guard, 71 soph forward, 27 fresh forward, 131 jr forward. The 3 guys off the bench were all class of 2016, all unranked. One was from IMG Academy, one was listed as a Charleston Southern commit and one transfer from William and Mary. Not a real impressive list but looks like they have plenty of talent and experience, especially since Roy is considered one of the best coaches. And of course injuries are no excuse.

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

In all honesty if IU football was playing in the NC game and our b-ball team won sat its first game in the Kohl center I too probably would be thinking about the football game lol!

If IU football is in the NCG, it won't matter, because we're obviously less than a week before the apocalypse.

I can't decide which record is more surprising to me. Ohio St at 1-4 and in last place or Illinois at 4-2 sitting in 2nd. Ohio St schedule hasn't done them any favors since UK win. Technically they haven't had what i would call a bad loss unless Wiscy at home is one. On the other side Illinois won at Wisconsin and basically just holding serve at home. 

I'll lean with Ohio St being more surprising to me. Both teams will level themselves out a bit....I see Illinois has another home game vs NW but after that they have 6-7 games where some L's will be coming.

I think this will be Roy Williams last year at UNC. He looks tired and defeated, and I think he knows he's not doing the program any favors by staying...

They usually hire someone with program ties, so who do you think will be the successor, be it next year or in the future?

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think this will be Roy Williams last year at UNC. He looks tired and defeated, and I think he knows he's not doing the program any favors by staying...

They usually hire someone with program ties, so who do you think will be the successor, be it next year or in the future?

I don't have any idea who would replace RW, but I think it will really interesting to see who they'd hire.  Of the schools that most would cosider both elite and "bluebloods", there are going to be a few coaching changes in the not too distant future (UNC, Duke).  You could even add in MSU as a school with a top 5 coach.

People who've been critical of our hires have suggested we should have gotten a much bigger name coach.  It'll be interesting to see who these other schools choose.

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He does look defeated but he won’t leave on this note. They will get some “W’s” when their 4 guys get healthy (but probably not enough wins to make the tourney) and he has the number 3 class coming in next year.

This year he just needs to appreciate another impressive academic year in which all of his players are getting 4.0’s.

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He has a great recruiting class coming in next year. I doubt he’s going anywhere 

17 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I don't have any idea who would replace RW, but I think it will really interesting to see who they'd hire.  Of the schools that most would cosider both elite and "bluebloods", there are going to be a few coaching changes in the not too distant future (UNC, Duke).  You could even add in MSU as a school with a top 5 coach.

People who've been critical of our hires have suggested we should have gotten a much bigger name coach.  It'll be interesting to see who these other schools choose.

Billy Donovan's wife was seen in Chapel Hill this past week at a realtor's office.  :coffee:

30 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't think Roy is leaving unless he decides it's time for himself. As others have said...great recruiting class coming in. When the time does come I believe they go family route like Jerry Stackhouse......or make a run at Donovan.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Regardless I am sick of listening to him pout and cry after every game. Instead of giving Clemson some props, he is saying how he should be fired.  Please. Take your lumps like everyone else and be an adult who can take losing for once

38 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Leaving KenPom’s factoring issues aside, that’s pretty crazy, what a gauntlet the conference is this year 

I can remeber the B10 having  more dominant teams than we do this year. But I have never seen it this deep. I have never seen any conference this deep in any year. 

To say it is a grind or gauntlet does not even beging to describe it. Every single game seems like a  cion flip in conference play for every team.

Would not be shocked at all to see Purdue beat MSU today.

Archived