The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

On 1/12/2020 at 5:12 PM, dgambill said:

I’ve noticed longer taller guards gave him problems. Smaller guys that he can bully he seems to dominate. Hopefully Rob is healthy when we go up against him.

Rob should have confidence from his performance last year. IMO, it was his D vs Winston that showed the potential Rob has. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Well I do my own cooking and not have a robot or computer cooking it for me.  You would probably like it to be like the Jetsons where their made was a robot and did everything for them.

A) Actually, I'd put my jambalaya up against a Nawlins native.

B) This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's not "only human opinions" or "only automated selections". I'd actually be the last to advocate for an all automated selection. Why? Because no one system will ever be perfect. A knowledgeable human that is using available tools to craft an informed decision that is based in objective criteria but tailored with subjective opinion is what I would advocate for. I don't want a computer picking. And I don't want a bunch of guys sitting around using "the eye test". I want humans using all information available and using their judgement based on that.

I could go out and kill a bison with a rock, skin it with a piece of flint and roast it over a fire, but it's a hell of a lot easier and I'll probably get a better result buying a steak at Kroger and tossing it on the grill.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To me if you hit 6 out of 10 mid range shots and if you hit 4 out of 10 3's I would take the 6 mid range shots.  Those 2 extra missed shots can give the opponent more chance to get out on the break because a lot of those are long rebounds.

Scott, you used 3 all time greats to make your point.  That in itself is a red flag for your argumemt.  Why not 15 footers from Race, TJD,  and Justin?  Doesn't fit your narrative as well.  I'll take Jordy and Roth for 3 even though they can clearly stroke 15 footers.  

27 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

A) Actually, I'd put my jambalaya up against a Nawlins native.

B) This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's not "only human opinions" or "only automated selections". I'd actually be the last to advocate for an all automated selection. Why? Because no one system will ever be perfect. A knowledgeable human that is using available tools to craft an informed decision that is based in objective criteria but tailored with subjective opinion is what I would advocate for. I don't want a computer picking. And I don't want a bunch of guys sitting around using "the eye test". I want humans using all information available and using their judgement based on that.

I could go out and kill a bison with a rock, skin it with a piece of flint and roast it over a fire, but it's a hell of a lot easier and I'll probably get a better result buying a steak at Kroger and tossing it on the grill.

I hear you on the jumbalaya. I love a good one and I used to spend hours putting together ingredients etc. Now I have a child and the time isn’t there. I buy some zatarains, Spicey sausage and some shrimp at publics and throw a pan of corn bread together and save myself the trouble. I used to be so tired after cooking and cleaning up that I didn’t feel like eating ...I realize now I’m not that picky of an eater lol!

46 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I hear you on the jumbalaya. I love a good one and I used to spend hours putting together ingredients etc. Now I have a child and the time isn’t there. I buy some zatarains, Spicey sausage and some shrimp at publics and throw a pan of corn bread together and save myself the trouble. I used to be so tired after cooking and cleaning up that I didn’t feel like eating ...I realize now I’m not that picky of an eater lol!

That's funny...its something I make more now that I have kids. Once all the prep is done, throw it all together and let it cook.

Shrimp I usually like more in etouffee or gumbo, but I usually use two kinds of sausage: andouille and a mild chorizo. Not quite traditional, but the flavors work.

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

That's funny...its something I make more now that I have kids. Once all the prep is done, throw it all together and let it cook.

Shrimp I usually like more in etouffee or gumbo, but I usually use two kinds of sausage: andouille and a mild chorizo. Not quite traditional, but the flavors work.

Yeah I like to throw the shrimp in at the end to give it a different texture and also because I have family members that don’t like sausage (gasp!!). I think I’m just so lazy now...work 9-10 hrs come home to a 1 year old...exhausted lol. One of my favorite dishes...would love someone to make it for me. That and some cajun shrimp and grits are two of my favs and I’m as far from the bayou as can be lol!

11 hours ago, IU878176 said:

The sarcastic “fire Izzo” posts after a loss are funny..........

Yes, Izzo should immediately  be fired unless he can somehow, someway prove his teams have a PATTERN of 

playing hard (typically play as tough as any team in the country),

shows an ability  to get better as the season progresses 

and occasionally is able to make the tourney (they have been in the tourney 22 years in a row and made the FF three of the last 10 years).

I’m thinking he will get a little more time.

Yeah, you missed the entire point. My sarcasm wasn’t directed at anything other than an overreaction to ONE game on the ROAD. Our entire fan base wanted to toss the season after the Maryland loss. Michigan St should forget theirs too if they can’t do better than a 30 point loss at Purdue. Point is, on the road it happens sometimes. This early in the season, relax.

13 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Yeah, you missed the entire point. My sarcasm wasn’t directed at anything other than an overreaction to ONE game on the ROAD. Our entire fan base wanted to toss the season after the Maryland loss. Michigan St should forget theirs too if they can’t do better than a 30 point loss at Purdue. Point is, on the road it happens sometimes. This early in the season, relax.

Actually, I did get it.

40 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I like to throw the shrimp in at the end to give it a different texture and also because I have family members that don’t like sausage (gasp!!). I think I’m just so lazy now...work 9-10 hrs come home to a 1 year old...exhausted lol. One of my favorite dishes...would love someone to make it for me. That and some cajun shrimp and grits are two of my favs and I’m as far from the bayou as can be lol!

Been there!

Now, 7 years later, my 8 year old can take apart an onion to where Gordon Ramsey would give his approval.

12 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.

51 minutes ago, IUaic said:

I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.

6 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I didn't know you took classes at Purdue. 

Don't know which one of these made me laugh harder...

Good thing I'm not in the "Depends" phase of my life yet...

6 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

1E088BC8-9E4F-4CFB-8CA2-7A208646979E.thumb.jpeg.ece097507f3c1d460848ecf6ed48ea19.jpeg

What was OSU at one time ?  Number two in the nation?   Yes.  Seems to have transformed into a dumpster fire for the Buckeyes. 

Suspensions are never good or fun.  Do recall a few years back, when we experienced some ourselves. Thankfully, that has not hit us in recent years.

Got to say Holtmann suspending players like he has, I would have no problem with him being IU's coach, but I'm still thinking IU has their coach! Time will tell!

Starting to think the Holtmann vs Miller could become an epic RMK vs Keady matchup! Would LOVE for that to happen!

Archived