The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad loss for Painter and Purdue. NIT might even be a struggle considering you have to be .500....another loss for Butler too. Maybe they should stop reading headlines....and of course a big brawl in Kansas. Jayhawks have a big one this weekend vs Tennessee. Does anyone really think Self or Kansas will suspend before? De Sousa might be down for a long time with him grabbing the chair and going WWE.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Bad loss for Painter and Purdue. NIT might even be a struggle considering you have to be .500....another loss for Butler too. Maybe they should stop reading headlines....and of course a big brawl in Kansas. Jayhawks have a big one this weekend vs Tennessee. Does anyone really think Self or Kansas will suspend before? De Sousa might be down for a long time with him grabbing the chair and going WWE.

Would be surprised if we don’t at least make the NIT. Defense is really good just don’t have the offense this year. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Knew I saw that right. Hes gotta be done for the season. 

Screenshot_20200121-211402_Twitter.jpg

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Did a KU player have a chair over his head at one point or did I see that wrong?

Yes.  The was the dumbest and weakest fight, if I would call it that, that I have ever seen in my life.  

News flash.  The moral and reputable Bill self privately punishes players with no game suspensions. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

If it was anyone else besides Self and Kansas yes....my guess is if Kansas doesn't do something Big 12 will be forced to come in and deliver. 

B12 has as good a rep as self/Kansas.

The only thing they may sacrifice is the non comference game they snuck in.  Perfect timing to pay the piper and keep the conference championship in play.  

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Would be surprised if we don’t at least make the NIT. Defense is really good just don’t have the offense this year. 

Looking at this team right now I don't see a road win again....maybe Northwestern. I could see a situation where you'll need a BTT win just to get to 16-16 to qualify. Oh well....that's a Painter problem. Before this past 3 years he went 4 straight years without a tourney win. He's used to these ups and downs after being on the job for 14-15 years.

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

B12 has as good a rep as self/Kansas.

The only thing they may sacrifice is the non comference game they snuck in.  Perfect timing to pay the piper and keep the conference championship in play.  

Agree all day....but this is when the public sometimes takes over and right now every single national talking head is saying season ending or severe severe punishment.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Looking at this team right now I don't see a road win again....maybe Northwestern. I could see a situation where you'll need a BTT win just to get to 16-16 to qualify. Oh well....that's a Painter problem. Before this past 3 years he went 4 straight years without a tourney win. He's used to these ups and downs after being on the job for 14-15 years.

After this year, he’ll have missed the tournament in 4 out of 15 years and that includes the first year where he had a significantly limited roster. He’s earned the benefit of the doubt. Even the good ones have down years sometimes. 

Jeesh, some things matter much more than winning.  I would be ashamed to be associated with either of those programs after watching that.  Is this surprising from a coach and program that had strippers and snoop dog firing fake money guns at their preseason pep rally?  Sometimes it's more than coincidental. 

42 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

After this year, he’ll have missed the tournament in 4 out of 15 years and that includes the first year where he had a significantly limited roster. He’s earned the benefit of the doubt. Even the good ones have down years sometimes. 

He does go through cycles of getting some good guys to pair with great vets and making a run. That said that can work at Purdue...expectations are less. Last year will and should buy him time. He will have you back in a couple years.

Archived