The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Bad loss for Painter and Purdue. NIT might even be a struggle considering you have to be .500....another loss for Butler too. Maybe they should stop reading headlines....and of course a big brawl in Kansas. Jayhawks have a big one this weekend vs Tennessee. Does anyone really think Self or Kansas will suspend before? De Sousa might be down for a long time with him grabbing the chair and going WWE.

Kids should be out for multiple games but he would be dumb if he doesn’t at least sit them for the Tennessee game. That game is meaningless to them. Better to lose them for that game then Big12 game and a chance at a conference title.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Bill Self has officially taken over as the biggest piece of **** in college basketball. The fact that it was Silvio De Sousa of all players swinging the stool around his head says all you need to know about that program.

What do you expect with all the ncaa violation stuff Self has done lately and then bringing in Snoop Dog and strippers to start the season...I mean honestly If I was Kansas and I knew the hammer might be coming down I might just bite the bullet and make the move to get rid of Self now and start the look to replace him.

44 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He does go through cycles of getting some good guys to pair with great vets and making a run. That said that can work at Purdue...expectations are less. Last year will and should buy him time. He will have you back in a couple years.

I’m really excited about both Ivey and Morton and we don’t lose anybody of note next year. If Wheeler gets his head out of his ass and remembers how good he can be, I think we can see a nice bounce back next year. 

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Sometimes things just don't align properly.  How cool would it have been to see Isaac Haas and Kofi Cockburn go against each other in the Purdue / Illinois matchup (with Dan Jock-itch on the call)..

I truly thought that Haas was back on campus.  I heard the radio guy say " Cockburn running wild over Purdue" like most first thought was hey nice to hear Isaac is giving back to the school that gave him do much 😉

52 minutes ago, rico said:

The Purdue boxscore is pretty interesting...especially seeing the Boilers only turned the ball over 6 times.  

Hope our team/staff took note. Illinois shot lights out from mid to 3 point range but it all started down low with Cockburn getting the ball on most possessions. Purdue's interior defense and recovery defense just plain sucked. They had zero answers. 32 points and 20 boards from down low.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope our team/staff took note. Illinois shot lights out from mid to 3 point range but it all started down low with Cockburn getting the ball on most possessions. Purdue's interior defense and recovery defense just plain sucked. They had zero answers. 32 points and 20 boards from down low.

I think when we play the Illini, De'Ron will be called upon a lot to spell Joey and put that big body on Cockburn. 

And I think Big Fella will be up to the task...

9 hours ago, hoosiermd said:

Later on ESPN Vitale noted this and said he should be done for the season. Yes, it's Vitale, but he's right here. 

There must have been a full moon or something in the water last night...Alan Griffin of Illinois got tossed in the first half for doing the Christian Laettner chest stomp on Stefanovic...

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think when we play the Illini, De'Ron will be called upon a lot to spell Joey and put that big body on Cockburn. 

And I think Big Fella will be up to the task...

I've only watched the Illini a couple of times and in my limited time the best defense vs Cockburn is their guards.......who don't get the ball into him routinely. When they make him a priority everyone sags and he kicks for open shots.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've only watched the Illini a couple of times and in my limited time the best defense vs Cockburn is their guards.......who don't get the ball into him routinely. When they make him a priority everyone sags and he kicks for open shots.

True...I've watched them probably 7 or 8 times this year...once Cockburn gets a spot, he's hard to move off...but 3 things...he's a camper in the lane, so Archie needs to be on the refs to watch that...he shuffles his feet when he gets the ball...travels almost every time...and he keeps the ball down low where the help can swat at it...the kid is strong as an ox, but it can be swiped from him...

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

True...I've watched them probably 7 or 8 times this year...once Cockburn gets a spot, he's hard to move off...but 3 things...he's a camper in the lane, so Archie needs to be on the refs to watch that...he shuffles his feet when he gets the ball...travels almost every time...and he keeps the ball down low where the help can swat at it...the kid is strong as an ox, but it can be swiped from him...

Good information to know! I haven't paid much attention to the Illini and still long ways to go but they seem to have found something with their lineup. 

53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One point I think might be getting overlooked in Kansas brawl. What was De Sousa still doing in game up 20? Maybe he doesn't go rogue if he was on the bench. Just a thought.

This morning on golic and wingo Fran fraschilla(sp?) who was on the call of that game said he has basically fallen out of the rotation and doesn’t play much anymore. Didn’t look to his stats so it might not be true but I guess that’s why he was in. He’s a garbage time player now I guess. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

There must have been a full moon or something in the water last night...Alan Griffin of Illinois got tossed in the first half for doing the Christian Laettner chest stomp on Stefanovic...

Dumb play and the kid has a few earlier incidents vs Miami and Mizzou. Like that he plays with a edge but this one went too far. Probably needs to sit a game to make sure he learns to control himself a little better on the court. Probably should be grateful to KU that he's not drawing more national attention and Grayson compares.

Archived