The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

2 minutes ago, IUskim said:

This morning on golic and wingo Fran fraschilla(sp?) who was on the call of that game said he has basically fallen out of the rotation and doesn’t play much anymore. Didn’t look to his stats so it might not be true but I guess that’s why he was in. He’s a garbage time player now I guess. 

Shows you how much I pay attention. Thanks! Makes sense now!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

If Purdue played Satan and 4 demons I would grab a pitchfork and put my horns on and be yelling Go Demon!!

Very cold day in Hades before i root for Purdue this early in the season 

I always rooted for Russia when they played Purdue in an exhibition game

North Carolina's season reminds me of the last few years of Knight's IU teams......it was time.

........As an avid IU fan  since the 70s, I have witnessed all the highs and lows........Coach Knight was "King" in my eyes. As the early 90's were shaping out, I for one was starting to doubt Knight's rein. Not only was IU starting to loose out on, otherwise guaranteed recruits, but were loosing games they were easily supposed to win. Back then, I never thought I would have felt that way, let alone say it, but in my eyes,.......it was time for Coach to move on.....too many distractions and disappointments. However, in my heart of hearts, Coach Knight is still King to me. I just pray before his memory fades that he can once again reconnect with IU so he can feel the kind of love and adoration most IU fans still have for being a Legend to IU basketball, but for his accomplished for this university as well.

Are we starting to see the beginning of the end to Coach Williams at UNC?

12 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

North Carolina's season reminds me of the last few years of Knight's IU teams......it was time.

........As an avid IU fan  since the 70s, I have witnessed all the highs and lows........Coach Knight was "King" in my eyes. As the early 90's were shaping out, I for one was starting to doubt Knight's rein. Not only was IU starting to loose out on, otherwise guaranteed recruits, but were loosing games they were easily supposed to win. Back then, I never thought I would have felt that way, let alone say it, but in my eyes,.......it was time for Coach to move on.....too many distractions and disappointments. However, in my heart of hearts, Coach Knight is still King to me. I just pray before his memory fades that he can once again reconnect with IU so he can feel the kind of love and adoration most IU fans still have for being a Legend to IU basketball, but for his accomplished for this university as well.

Ole Roy is 69. He has actually recruited just fine.  One and dones come with a price though. But as the Hoosiers went last year with injuries, so they go this year.  Their best player at the most important position went down and has missed 8 straight games.  Looking at their min distribution,  games played, games started, it's a big hot mess.  

Cole is likely one and done but fret not, 3 five star and 2 four star guys are on the way.  

Screenshot_20200122-115939.jpg

Screenshot_20200122-115835.png

15 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m really excited about both Ivey and Morton and we don’t lose anybody of note next year. If Wheeler gets his head out of his ass and remembers how good he can be, I think we can see a nice bounce back next year. 

Yes. Williams is going to be a stud and if Newman can give you shooting you can bounce back quite quickly. Painter is a good coach...he is just limited to who he can get at Purdue.

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Ole Roy is 69. He has actually recruited just fine.  One and dones come with a price though. But as the Hoosiers went last year with injuries, so they go this year.  Their best player at the most important position went down and has missed 8 straight games.  Looking at their min distribution,  games played, games started, it's a big hot mess.  

Cole is likely one and done but fret not, 3 five star and 2 four star guys are on the way.  

Screenshot_20200122-115939.jpg

Screenshot_20200122-115835.png

Yes he has the #3 recruiting class coming in next year. Roy is best when he has an older group of guards that play his up tempo basketball but make good decisions. Also...like almost every team this year they just lack shot makers....you play fast and miss shots...bad recipe.

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

But they are only 3 years removed from a national championship and have won 3 in the last 15 years.  Not quite the same as Knights last 5 years.

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

But they are only 3 years removed from a national championship and have won 3 in the last 15 years.  Not quite the same as Knights last 5 years.

Also Knight wasn't bringing in national ranked #3 recruiting classes...although I do think our final championship game run was a huge part due to the fact that Coach had brought in some very special kids and put together a great hard nosed team.

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes. Williams is going to be a stud and if Newman can give you shooting you can bounce back quite quickly. Painter is a good coach...he is just limited to who he can get at Purdue.

No doubt. He’s an average recruiter who would have to hire a stud assistant to really boost recruiting. I’ll tell you one thing: I don’t want to be like Underwood at Illinois. Let’s be honest about how they got Cockburn lol. Would love to have a talent like him but I don’t want Painter doing shady stuff to land players. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No doubt. He’s an average recruiter who would have to hire a stud assistant to really boost recruiting. I’ll tell you one thing: I don’t want to be like Underwood at Illinois. Let’s be honest about how they got Cockburn lol. Would love to have a talent like him but I don’t want Painter doing shady stuff to land players. 

I think the reason he is an average recruiter is that it is hard to sell Purdue to recruits

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think the reason he is an average recruiter is that it is hard to sell Purdue to recruits

I disagree. Good program, good academics, good conference, etc... Are other schools easier sells? Of course. But Purdue overall shouldn’t be a hard sell. Much harder sell in football than basketball IMO. 

28 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yes...combine how he recruits with where he is and I believe his tendency to want to play upper classman (not always but he seems to give them the benefit of the doubt with PT) it will be hard. Oh I don't know anything about Kofi....all I know is everytime we go after one of these recruits and we hear there may be under the table stuff...we lose out too. Guess nobody in Indiana is willing to pay the price to pay to land these kids that end up at Kansas and other places.

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I disagree. Good program, good academics, good conference, etc... Are other schools easier sells? Of course. But Purdue overall shouldn’t be a hard sell. Much harder sell in football than basketball IMO. 

The disgusting campus and lack of any remotely attractive women is the biggest obstacle imo.

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Academics and basketball...don't really go together for elite recruits. You can have one of the nations best Engineering schools or business schools etc and most 5 stars aren't interested in graduating lol.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes...combine how he recruits with where he is and I believe his tendency to want to play upper classman (not always but he seems to give them the benefit of the doubt with PT) it will be hard. Oh I don't know anything about Kofi....all I know is everytime we go after one of these recruits and we hear there may be under the table stuff...we lose out too. Guess nobody in Indiana is willing to pay the price to pay to land these kids that end up at Kansas and other places.

Which I’m okay with. I never want to be associated with the Baylors and Kansas’ of the world. 

Archived