The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

5 hours ago, IUskim said:

This morning on golic and wingo Fran fraschilla(sp?) who was on the call of that game said he has basically fallen out of the rotation and doesn’t play much anymore. Didn’t look to his stats so it might not be true but I guess that’s why he was in. He’s a garbage time player now I guess. 

...and yet he was good enough for Dollar Bill to pay for his services...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I disagree. Good program, good academics, good conference, etc... Are other schools easier sells? Of course. But Purdue overall shouldn’t be a hard sell. Much harder sell in football than basketball IMO. 

Not just the campus but it is hard to sell top recruits that they will have to play hard all the time and play tough hard nose defense.  Top recruits is all about showing their offensive game off and not  worried about defense.

Painter decided a few years ago to keep recruiting his type of players which will play in his style instead of recruiting better athletes.  I also think that is why it will be hard for Archie to get the top rated recruits especially put of state since he expects players to play defense.  to me this is one of the reasons why I think Shaka Smart has not done well at UT.  At VCU he played that up in your face full court press but I did not think that would go at a higher caliber program.  Shaka decided to change his style so he could get the top rated recruits but he is not coaching to his strength.

39 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Mark Few was excellent today on the Dakich show 

https://omny.fm/shows/the-dan-dakich-show/best-of-the-dan-dakich-show-wednesday-1-22

I have heard him skirt around the idea that he can win a championship at Gonzaga.  

Wish Dan had the balls to ask him, "how many championships do you think you would have right now if you would have been IU's coach the last 19 years?"  Probably be in the running with K right now.  

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

https://omny.fm/shows/the-dan-dakich-show/best-of-the-dan-dakich-show-wednesday-1-22

I have heard him skirt around the idea that he can win a championship at Gonzaga.  

Wish Dan had the balls to ask him, "how many championships do you think you would have right now if you would have been IU's coach the last 19 years?"  Probably be in the running with K right now.  

Saw an interview on CBS Sports with Few and he said he can win championships there and that is one of the main reasons he stayed.  Also if you saw his house and the view from his deck you would also understand why he never moved.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Saw an interview on CBS Sports with Few and he said he can win championships there and that is one of the main reasons he stayed.  Also if you saw his house and the view from his deck you would also understand why he never moved.

I have driven through Spokane.  Unreal coming down the mountain, just beautiful.  A lake right off the interstate called Harrison Slough is absolutely stunning.  

https://goo.gl/maps/gzJXz6hLQpqvaeRA8  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

I have driven through Spokane.  Unreal coming down the mountain, just beautiful.  A lake right off the interstate called Harrison Slough is absolutely stunning.  

https://goo.gl/maps/gzJXz6hLQpqvaeRA8  

They did a whole 30 minute segment with him and one thing they showed was him and his sons going to the lake to do some boating.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

He did say he liked being pretty unnoticed in public.  At indiana he said if you go to a Final Four everyone in the states recognizes you 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No doubt. He’s an average recruiter who would have to hire a stud assistant to really boost recruiting. I’ll tell you one thing: I don’t want to be like Underwood at Illinois. Let’s be honest about how they got Cockburn lol. Would love to have a talent like him but I don’t want Painter doing shady stuff to land players. 

Admit it was an odd recruitment. What did you hear?

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Admit it was an odd recruitment. What did you hear?

Oh just stuff about Orlando Antigua. One of Underwood’s assistants got in trouble for shady recruiting when he was at OSU too I believe. Big guy that comes to NY from Jamaica randomly picks a school with a coach not known for getting bigs to the pros and a program that hasn’t been to the tournament in 6 years is a bit fishy haha. 

32 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Interesting.  Sounds kind of like when Bennett changed Virginia’s style after they lost to UMBC, although that was maybe less drastic.

14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh just stuff about Orlando Antigua. One of Underwood’s assistants got in trouble for shady recruiting when he was at OSU too I believe. Big guy that comes to NY from Jamaica randomly picks a school with a coach not known for getting bigs to the pros and a program that hasn’t been to the tournament in 6 years is a bit fishy haha. 

All day long. I get more Illini scoop than IU unfortunately. Was just odd a top recruit decided to commit so early when coach was getting heat, fans thought he sucked....and the Ok St was still going on. Something still smells on that one but oh well. He'll only be around another 90 days.

12 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

On the Brad Underwood front, let’s not forget he dodged the NCAA while at Oklahoma State.  I will give him credit for totally revamping his defensive scheme.  Although that may change again once Cockburn leaves

Left Oklahoma State under a cloud of suspicion, just as Roy Williams left Kansas.

Oklahoma State subpoenaed for records of NCAA violations in college basketball probe - Chicago Tribune

Archived