The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

47 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I agree with you about Painter....but nowadays only the stupidest, most desperate, and sleaziest of coaches get involved themselves in these recruiting...but the shady stuff happens with people around the schools....and I even would include Indiana possibly having a couple players the past couple decades on that...who knows how dirty the NCAA has become.

Fair points no doubt. If something shady did go down, I’m confident that Painter had no idea. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Declaring or transferring?

In the article I saw it just said leaving the program but I would assume transferring.  He was only averaging around 12 minutes a game so I would think he would not be declaring for the draft.  Reading the comments from the story it was your typical UK fans calling him a quitter and a loser and good riddance.   So I decided to chime in and said that another prospect who bought Cal's sells pitch found out that is  not true.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

In the article I saw it just said leaving the program but I would assume transferring.  He was only averaging around 12 minutes a game so I would think he would not be declaring for the draft.  Reading the comments from the story it was your typical UK fans calling him a quitter and a loser and good riddance.   So I decided to chime in and said that another prospect who bought Cal's sells pitch found out that is  not true.

Will be interesting to see if that helps Brooks with getting a few more minutes...

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Wow...wasn't Illinois on his short list?? Be crazy if he ends up there.

We don't have an open spot for him. Sounds to me like turning pro is his most likely choice, have heard Georgetown (Louis Orr on that staff coached his dad in college) or maybe Seton Hall (dad's alma mater).

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

We don't have an open spot for him. Sounds to me like turning pro is his most likely choice, have heard Georgetown (Louis Orr on that staff coached his dad in college) or maybe Seton Hall (dad's alma mater).

I bet Underwood could find a spot for him. Recruited him pretty hard and a 5* talent. That said Georgetown cleaned house recently and a lot of shots will be available for him for sure.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I bet Underwood could find a spot for him. Recruited him pretty hard and a 5* talent. That said Georgetown cleaned house recently and a lot of shots will be available for him for sure.

If he is a mid season transfer that team has to have an opening right now so UI would have to kick a player off right now.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

UK lost one of their 5 star freshman in Kahill Whitney and he says he is leaving the program.

Late to the party on this one. He (much like Brooks Jr) was going to hit the road. My guess is either Illinois or Georgetown.....or maybe this kid starts getting ready for NBA. Haha!

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Late to the party on this one. He (much like Brooks Jr) was going to hit the road. My guess is either Illinois or Georgetown.....or maybe this kid starts getting ready for NBA. Haha!

It seems like right now UI has no scholarships available to offer a mid season transfer

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

It seems like right now UI has no scholarships available to offer a mid season transfer

Classes already started so I don't think he could transfer now. Tea leaves suggest Ayo is gone and Cockburn will probably take a look too. Availability or room won't be the issue. 

8 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Can’t believe I’m going to say this....

We want Purdue to win IMO.

I was that way with Illinois....I think I'm enjoying the Purdue meltdown better. Plus we get Sconny at home last game before tourney play. Why not have them ranked or an upper tier win because right now Purdue is Quad 2 and fading...

Archived