The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

14 minutes ago, rico said:

Time we start doing some "Bubble" watching...without looking through the full slate of games and the B1G aside, a couple arouse my curiosity.  One is VCU at La Salle, I really don't know how many bids the A-10 is gonna receive after Dayton.  The other is Tennessee at Kansas, the Vols have petered away a good start to be squarely on the bubble now but they have gotten clearance for two players to suit up.  With the recent issues around KU, this a big one to keep an eye on from around the country.

How many does the ACC get in?

Duke, UofL, Florida State locks....and then who?

Seems like the B10 will steal a couple from them.

NC State, Virginia, Va Tech?

No way Syracuse makes it...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JugRox said:

How many does the ACC get in?

Duke, UofL, Florida State locks....and then who?

Seems like the B10 will steal a couple from them.

FWIW, this is Lunardi's breakdown:

THE RUNDOWN

CONFERENCE TEAMS
Big Ten 11
SEC 5
Pac-12 5
Big 12 5
Big East 5
American 4
ACC 4
West Coast 3
Atlantic Sun 2
Missouri Valley 2

He also has NC St in from ACC

Clutch shot by Ayo. Kudos to him....but the real reason Michigan lost today was 0-5 from free throw line in closing minutes and with 50 seconds to go Juwan Howard opted to not go 2 for 1 allowing the Illini to have a chance at last shot. Howard can recruit whoever he wants but long ways to go before I start worrying about things in Ann Arbor.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Clutch shot by Ayo. Kudos to him....but the real reason Michigan lost today was 0-5 from free throw line in closing minute and with 50 seconds to go Juwan Howard opted to not go 2 for 1 allowing the Illini to have a chance at last shot. Howard can recruit whoever he wants but long ways to go before I start worrying about things in Ann Arbor.

Pre-conference darlings MI and OSU both 2-6. To get to 20 wins MI has to go 9-3 and OSU 8-4. That's not happening.

Watching the game I just noticed the problem with offense is the lack of spacing we see today.  We were always taught by RMK that you should have around 15 feet between the players but with all the ball screens we see to many players in short space.  I noticed when UM would post Teske and throw into him he just did not have much space because other guys were going into the lane as well.  You throw into him then you should space it out to give him room to post his man up.  Also the big's are trying to back his man all the way into the basketball and don't try any turn around jumpers.

I guess we are not the only ones who have trouble hitting free throws because UM went 0-5 in the last 3 minutes of the game.

I know that people are sure that Howard will be able to recruit elite players. But, he is losing two of his three most important players for sure and it is possible that the third also opts to leave as Livers is a junior. His offense is exponentially more simple than Beilein's as it is just a series of ball screens. I am very interested in how that will turn our in Ann Arbor. I think that you have to be VERY elite in talent to get away with that in the BIG. The coaches scheme and game plan so well....It's not like the SEC where Kentucky can get away with that because that is essentially what the other teams are also doing. He'll need to be Duke level of talent to manage it. As Duke has shown, if you are that physically dominant you can just sort or work out the spacing and let guys go, but being that talented is going to be hard when Arizona, UNC, Duke, Kentucky, and others are already taking that approach. Once they take the one and done rule away, there will be far fewer players each year who can break down disciplined defenses all on their own....

22 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Curious how Illinois does next year. Could be losing a lot to the draft 

Ayo is gone and Cockburn will most certainly look. Mentioned a few pages back in this thread but Illinois should enjoy this year. For the first time in 15 years or so they might have to deal with what normal programs deal with...early departures.

28 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

In the continuing hilarity of Kenpom's love affair with Purdue, they jumped back up to #19 after winning last night. They're somehow above Illinois, who has soundly beaten them twice and has a better record. 

They have no business being above a lot more than Illinois.  They can get up at home, but they are a mediocre team that will most likely miss the tournament since they can't play all their remaining games at home.

3 hours ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Yeah why get closer for a higher percentage look when you can shoot an off balance turn around jumper.

You’re a fan of the mid range jump shot too right?

I am a fan of good shots no matter where they come from.  I guess you did not like players like Cheaney, Henderson and Anderson since they made a living off of mid range shots.  Also I guess Olguwaun who was great with those turn around base line jumpers really hurt his career.

Archived