The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

In the continuing hilarity of Kenpom's love affair with Purdue, they jumped back up to #19 after winning last night. They're somehow above Illinois, who has soundly beaten them twice and has a better record. 

Tough part is this. As fans evolve and get more comfortable with idea of analytics and other similar rankings....your first time fan will look at seeing Purdue ranked #19 and think all of the analytics or similar must be full of it.

Surprised other proprietors don't call out KenPom for being so off.

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Ayo is gone and Cockburn will most certainly look. Mentioned a few pages back in this thread but Illinois should enjoy this year. For the first time in 15 years or so they might have to deal with what normal programs deal with...early departures.

Ayo is gone for sure. Cockburn might go but I expect him back as he doesn't have the profile the NBA is looking for these days. I really like the 2 guards we are bringing in next year as well as a couple of guys who've had to sit out this season. Along with Frazier and Bezhanishvili we'll be OK.

2 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Ayo is gone for sure. Cockburn might go but I expect him back as he doesn't have the profile the NBA is looking for these days. I really like the 2 guards we are bringing in next year as well as a couple of guys who've had to sit out this season. Along with Frazier and Bezhanishvili we'll be OK.

Not an exact analogy but close. Hard to lose that much firepower and not regress. Similar to Purdue this year after losing Edwards, Cline,etc....I don't see things being ok losing both of those guys. If Cockburn returns that would be huge but his size alone would make him a 2nd rounder this year.

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

I just noticed Florida st is up to #5. That win keeps looking better and better.

They held on the win by one at home over ND. FSU bench outscored ND 40-12. Have to give Brey credit. They only have a 6-7 player rotation. In last four games, they lost by 3 to LVille, 2 to Syracuse and 1 to FSU.

40 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

They held on the win by one at home over ND. FSU bench outscored ND 40-12. Have to give Brey credit. They only have a 6-7 player rotation. In last four games, they lost by 3 to LVille, 2 to Syracuse and 1 to FSU.

Amen.  Make no mistake, the Irish are a well coached team.  Seems they are always under manned and under talented but Mike has a way of getting his troops ready.  

35 minutes ago, rico said:

Amen.  Make no mistake, the Irish are a well coached team.  Seems they are always under manned and under talented but Mike has a way of getting his troops ready.  

If we were 11-8 and 2-4 in conference...especially a down conference not sure we would hear the same praise for Archie. I don’t think we have that much superior talent...outside Trayce Id say it’s pretty comparable.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If we were 11-8 and 2-4 in conference...especially a down conference not sure we would hear the same praise for Archie. I don’t think we have that much superior talent...outside Trayce Id say it’s pretty comparable.

Meh...

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Not an exact analogy but close. Hard to lose that much firepower and not regress. Similar to Purdue this year after losing Edwards, Cline,etc....I don't see things being ok losing both of those guys. If Cockburn returns that would be huge but his size alone would make him a 2nd rounder this year.

As I said in my post, I expect Kofi to come back. Agree if he goes it's a different story. And my fear there is that Underwood decides to revert back to the high pressure defense which would be disastrous.

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

OSU won at NW 71-59.  I got home from dinner and NW was up 3 with 14 minutes to go.  It seems like NW can play with about ay team for about 30 minutes but just run out of gas.

I've watched Northwestern probably 10 times this year, and I'm telling you if the administration keeps Collins through what's been a tough year, and Chris can keep Buie, Kopf, Beran, Young, and Nance together (they're all either freshmen or sophomores) he's going to have a really good team in the next few years.

Plenty of online speculation but Zavier Simpson suspended by Michigan....term indefinitely by a couple places and one game by others. They play at Nebraska tomorrow and even though it's listed as home game they play vs Rutgers in NYC this weekend. 11-8 overall with 2-6 conference record. This week could be it for tourney play.

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Plenty of online speculation but Zavier Simpson suspended by Michigan....term indefinitely by a couple places and one game by others. They play at Nebraska tomorrow and even though it's listed as home game they play vs Rutgers in NYC this weekend. 11-8 overall with 2-6 conference record. This week could be it for tourney play.

I was going to say if it is 3 games we know what it would be for.  I wonder what he did because he seems like a really good person and a great teammate.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Wisconsin blows a 12 point lead and gets beat by the Hawks.

Just read that. Up 12 with 7  to go which in Wisconsin years is like being up 25. Didn't see game but Wisconsin was tagged for 28 fouls and imagine this....controversial call (review) on Davison with 30 seconds to go. Instead of Wisconsin getting the ball down 3 Iowa was given 2 shots and the ball.

Regarding Wiscy...their leading score (in Big 10 play) is Kobe King didn't travel with team. Unhappy with direction of team. Haha....guess all teams have some issues.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just read that. Up 12 with 7  to go which in Wisconsin years is like being up 25. Didn't see game but Wisconsin was tagged for 28 fouls and imagine this....controversial call (review) on Davison with 30 seconds to go. Instead of Wisconsin getting the ball down 3 Iowa was given 2 shots and the ball.

Regarding Wiscy...their leading score (in Big 10 play) is Kobe King didn't travel with team. Unhappy with direction of team. Haha....guess all teams have some issues.

I tried to find the scoop on Kobe King on the Bucky Board.  Lots of speculation he is transferring.  Seems like odd timing plus he sat out a year when he red shirted.  

It was fun to see another fan base reacting to bad news.  There were several out on the ledge.  Lol

Go Hoosiers!!!

3 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

I tried to find the scoop on Kobe King on the Bucky Board.  Lots of speculation he is transferring.  Seems like odd timing plus he sat out a year when he red shirted.  

It was fun to see another fan base reacting to bad news.  There were several out on the ledge.  Lol

Go Hoosiers!!!

Wished he decided to transfer before we played them in the first game because he killed us in that game.

Archived