The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just read that. Up 12 with 7  to go which in Wisconsin years is like being up 25. Didn't see game but Wisconsin was tagged for 28 fouls and imagine this....controversial call (review) on Davison with 30 seconds to go. Instead of Wisconsin getting the ball down 3 Iowa was given 2 shots and the ball.

Regarding Wiscy...their leading score (in Big 10 play) is Kobe King didn't travel with team. Unhappy with direction of team. Haha....guess all teams have some issues.

If Kobe King transfers, that's a HUGE blow not only to Wisconsin now, but for the future.

He is basically the only underclassman that can score in that program. Wisconsin has 10 juniors and 1 senior on the roster right now. They need him desperately after next year.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Wished he decided to transfer before we played them in the first game because he killed us in that game.

We seem to always catch every team playing their best. I mean we caught Maryland playing their best ball of the season...and playing clutch down the stretch. We got MSU giving us their best shot after we jumped out on the early. Heck a week or so earlier they got down early to Purdue and all quit....go figure huh. Stuff like this or a kid out and then comes back and lights us up. That said...I think we are getting closer to the days when we can take another teams best shot and we still come out on top most of the time. The team and program will build to that and in a few years be right there with MSU.

On ‎01‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 6:43 AM, IUFLA said:

I've watched Northwestern probably 10 times this year, and I'm telling you if the administration keeps Collins through what's been a tough year, and Chris can keep Buie, Kopf, Beran, Young, and Nance together (they're all either freshmen or sophomores) he's going to have a really good team in the next few years.

Yes..hard place to recruit elite kids to. So they are going to have ups and downs to correspond with his classes. As his good kids get older they should compete for tournament births. Then the cycle will repeat...young miss tournament then get older and make run at it. Just due to the fact playing time and young kids aren't going to stick around to play its a cycle there. Kinda like Penn St. to a lesser degree.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is that they have 5 incoming freshman signed so how can they do this if they don't have that many openings.

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/pages/scholarship-grid

Wisconsin has 3 open rides right now. 1 Senior, 6 Juniors, 1 Sophomore, 2 Freshman

The 4 other Juniors are walk-ons.

One of the Juniors is a “one year scholarship”.

If King transfers, it will kill them. 

Purdue is 11-10. Almost certainly not a tournament team barring a major winning streak, and yet they are 24th on KenPom even after tonight’s loss. I understand this is in part that they have a lot of close losses and their metrics look good, but seriously? 24th? 

Georgia blew a 20 point lead with 13 minutes to go at Missouri. 17 turnovers, 21 fouls, 29% from three point range and their star Edwards was 13 of 24 from the field. He took almost 50% of the teams shots. On a positive note, Georgia did hit 81% from the free throw line. 11-9 and 1-6 in the SEC. 

53 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Georgia blew a 20 point lead with 13 minutes to go at Missouri. 17 turnovers, 21 fouls, 29% from three point range and their star Edwards was 13 of 24 from the field. He took almost 50% of the teams shots. On a positive note, Georgia did hit 81% from the free throw line. 11-9 and 1-6 in the SEC. 

"I don't think we stayed urgent enough on the defensive end," Georgia coach Tom Crean said.

8 hours ago, madmax said:

Purdue is 11-10. Almost certainly not a tournament team barring a major winning streak, and yet they are 24th on KenPom even after tonight’s loss. I understand this is in part that they have a lot of close losses and their metrics look good, but seriously? 24th? 

And PU is 36th, vs our 44th, in the NET rankings the NCAA uses. 

38 minutes ago, rico said:

"I don't think we stayed urgent enough on the defensive end," Georgia coach Tom Crean said.

I won't take the bait on Crean that is too easy...but I will say this about Archie....it's refreshing to have a coach that acknowledges there are two ends of a basketball floor. The intensity and effort this team is starting to put into our defense we should be in every game. We just get some guys that can knock down open jumpers consistently and we will see this team take off. We've had some very entertaining basketball to watch the last week or so...I just hope we don't let that loss Sunday sidetrack us.

As for the tournament....we play good basketball like we have...the record will take care of itself. We are playing a winning brand of basketball and actually some of the best ball I've seen anywhere in any conference the last couple weeks. They will want us in the tourney.

52 minutes ago, rico said:

The sad thing for the Hoosiers is if they shot 70% at the free throw line you could probably add 2 more wins to their total. I just don't understand how high level college basketball players can be so bad at the free throw line. 

12 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

The sad thing for the Hoosiers is if they shot 70% at the free throw line you could probably add 2 more wins to their total. I just don't understand how high level college basketball players can be so bad at the free throw line. 

Concentration. That and there is no way under the sun we are practicing our free throws enough or the right way. I trust Archie but my god there is no way we are spending enough time working on this...for a team that gets to the line as much as we do...it should be one of the key things we work on every day. I get some of our bigs...but our guards....anything below 75% (i'm being generous) is just not acceptable. I know kids get bored practicing free throws...oh these are so easy..I just hit 9-10...well..try hitting 23/24-25 or 48/49-50 etc etc...when you get to that point I believe you are a good free throw shooter because you can stand there and concentrate and you can sharpen your mind to focus for that long....9-10 10-10...that is high school stuff. Its that level of detail that when you get into a game makes you a 90% game shooter. Everything these guys have been doing before...should be taken to the next level.

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

And Edwards is a certain OAD. Will be gone after this season. Projected as the first or second pick.

39 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I've got high school boys and girls teams all around me that shoot free throws better. I'm mystified as well.  That has to be mental.  Rutgers' big man shoots 40%. Purdue had a chance last night because they fouled him at the end.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I've got high school boys and girls teams all around me that shoot free throws better. I'm mystified as well.  That has to be mental.  Rutgers' big man shoots 40%. Purdue had a chance last night because they fouled him at the end.

Likewise, Purdue has two players, Williams and Eastern, who are sub-50%. The team is 66% on the year.

Archived