The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Iowa is a rarity in modern college basketball. They have multiple players who can really shoot. 

Earlier this year, both the Iowa and Illinois fan bases wanted different coaches

When Illinois lost at home to Miami and was beat by one of their 5 rivals in Missouri.....plenty of my Illini fans said ditch Underwood, needs to go,etc....

Pretty important week for multiple B10 teams....

LOCKS: MSU, Maryland, Iowa, PSU, Rutgers, Illinois

Purdue (12-10 5-6):  Iowa, @IU         Lose both those, NCAA isn't happening. They must split this week to have any hope

OSU (14-7 4-6): @Michigan, @Wisconsin        Lose both and they are in bubble territory. They can lose both and still have a good shot.

Michigan (13-8 4-6): OSU, MSU          Must win both IMO. Michigan has 13 wins and 5 home games left. They do go to Northwestern, but don't want to go into that needing a win.

Minny (11-10 5-6): Wisky, @PSU        The Wisconsin game is a absolute must win. Minny has 11 wins and 5 home games left. Cannot lose a home game.

Wisky (13-9 6-5) @Minny, OSU        Wisky probably has the easiest schedule from here on out. 5 home games and a game at Nebraska. Lose at Minny is not a deal breaker but life would be easier with a OSU home win. Win both and Wisky is looking really good.

Indiana (15-7 5-6) Purdue                 With 5 home games left, IU needs to sweep at home to get to 20 wins. 19 probably gets them in. While this isn't a must win....its damn close with how IU plays on the road.

On 2/2/2020 at 2:37 PM, IU Scott said:

what have they won and how has Holtman's last two years gone

Chris Holtmann career record   172-116  .597%

Archie Miller career record  189-101 .652%

Most observers, casual or otherwise, would say that making the second round of the tourney one year and playing in the first round of the NCAA tourney the second year is better than not making the NCAA tourney either of those two years.

On 2/3/2020 at 11:49 AM, JugRox said:

Indiana (15-7 5-6) Purdue                 With 5 home games left, IU needs to sweep at home to get to 20 wins. 19 probably gets them in. While this isn't a must win....its damn close with how IU plays on the road.

Agree. The next two home games are HUGE. Win those and our odds of making the tourney are solidified and the mood will shift to “all is well” for most of those in Hoosierland (at least until the next road game when the world will probably come to an end again....lol).

17 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Down goes MSU!!!  Haha...what a great day for their athletic dept.  Dantonio says sayonara under duress...and Izzo's angels lose at home!!  Couldn't happen to two bigger and more deserving whiners.  😋

So does the PSU loss look not as bad and/or the MSU win look not as good?

6 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

Brooks' season has gone from bad to worse. He's scored a total of 4 points in his last 4 games.

Did he even play last night?  I watched a good portion of the game and never saw him on the floor.  Cal must have decided it’s time to be selfish. 

1 minute ago, BDB said:

Did he even play last night?  I watched a good portion of the game and never saw him on the floor.  Cal must have decided it’s time to be selfish. 

Yes he did.  About 5 minutes.  Cal has shortened his bench.  KBJ is in the 8 man rotation.  

8 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

Brooks' season has gone from bad to worse. He's scored a total of 4 points in his last 4 games.

I told this UK guy I know that Cal was starting and/or playing Brooks over the holidays only to make sure Brooks and his family didn't have him transfer. Of course he laughed. Can't wait to get his feelings on this down the road. I'll say it again.

Someone needs to ask Brooks, his family....maybe even Brian Snow can chime in with an article about how brilliant of a choice it was 1 year later and how it's working out??

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I told this UK guy I know that Cal was starting and/or playing Brooks over the holidays only to make sure Brooks and his family didn't have him transfer. Of course he laughed. Can't wait to get his feelings on this down the road. I'll say it again.

Someone needs to ask Brooks, his family....maybe even Brian Snow can chime in with an article about how brilliant of a choice it was 1 year later and how it's working out??

Brooks is gonna be 1 and done..only problem is it won’t be to the NBA...it will be to another college...hey Dad hows that decision working out for you.

Archived