The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Big Ten officiating at its finest. And some say refs don't influence the outcome of games? These plays are with 1-2 refs literally standing right there watching. 

Ever since the Tim Donaghy gambling scandal in the NBA, I’ve always wondered if this was more of a problem or just an isolated incident in all sports. Sometimes I watch these games and that’s the first thing I think of when trying to figure out why a game is being officiated the way it is. You just never know how an individual thinks or acts behind closed doors and temptation can be the greed of all greeds.

1 hour ago, MPM said:

Ever since the Tim Donaghy gambling scandal in the NBA, I’ve always wondered if this was more of a problem or just an isolated incident in all sports. Sometimes I watch these games and that’s the first thing I think of when trying to figure out why a game is being officiated the way it is. You just never know how an individual thinks or acts behind closed doors and temptation can be the greed of all greeds.

Bob Knight said this years ago.

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Big Ten officiating at its finest. And some say refs don't influence the outcome of games? These plays are with 1-2 refs literally standing right there watching. 

The first one, while clearly a travel, was at least a close play. The other two are plays you would think an official would lose his job over. I'm sure no one will.

Just catching up on the day. So Wisconsin fired their S/D guy because he said some racist things in front of mens basketball players last week? Might be the reason Kobe King decided to check out and might be more of a reason for him to get an immediate transfer and eligible for playing time right?

Can't get any better. Zavier Simpson suspended for wrecking Michigan AD's car. Lied about his name and was stumbling towards the light pole he hit. PS...rumors are he dates Obama's daughter. Heckuva an operation you have up there Michigan and Sparty. Both schools have so much to be proud of.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't get any better. Zavier Simpson suspended for wrecking Michigan AD's car. Lied about his name and was stumbling towards the light pole he hit. PS...rumors are he dates Obama's daughter. Heckuva an operation you have up there Michigan and Sparty. Both schools have so much to be proud of.

Geesh.

Zavier Simpson was suspended after wrecking Michigan AD Warde Manuel’s family car, police report shows - mlive.com

11 hours ago, MPM said:

I have no doubt that this stuff happens every year. There's no way it's isolated. Whenever there's millions or billions of dollars involved, there's going to be corruption of some kind.  

3 hours ago, rico said:

Cincinnati wins at Wichita St.

The Cumberland brothers tried hard to lose it for UC (3 consecutive trips with 2 minutes to go shooting quick deep 3's that missed allowing WS to come back and take the lead),  but Wichita St. fouled on a layup by Jarron Cumberland with 3+ seconds that tied the score.  He made the free throw for the win.  Very lucky for UC.

15 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

The Cumberland brothers tried hard to lose it for UC (3 consecutive trips shooting quick deep 3's that missed allowing WS to come back and take the lead),  but Wichita St. fouled on a layup by Jarron Cumberland with 3+ seconds that tied the score.  He made the free throw for the win.  Very lucky for UC.

Thanks for the info...but it wasn't that long ago the Bearcats were on the outside looking in.  Not so anymore.  The new HC is doing a crackerjack job.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Thanks for the info...but it wasn't that long ago the Bearcats were on the outside looking in.  Not so anymore.  The new HC is doing a crackerjack job.

I have to admit that I'm surprised.  He's managed to get the players to play how he wants them to play, I think.  Never thought that would happen this quickly.

18 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I have to admit that I'm surprised.  He's managed to get the players to play how he wants them to play, I think.  Never thought that would happen this quickly.

On a few boards I visit quite a few UC fans were ecstatic Mick left for UCLA.  And just as ecstatic that they hired Brannen.

38 minutes ago, rico said:

On a few boards I visit quite a few UC fans were ecstatic Mick left for UCLA.  And just as ecstatic that they hired Brannen.

Yeah, like Huggins, Mick produced strong defensive teams, but he never seemed to recruit any shooters/scorers.  He certainly never found the kind of offensive talent that Huggins did.  And Mick has that abrasive personality/coaching style.  I think it got old and, let's face it, he's not Huggins.  I don't believe he will succeed at UCLA with his style.  It's ugly basketball.  Maybe the UCLA name will help his recruiting, but I just don't see any final four waiting for him there.  But we'll see.  Just one old guy's opinion.

Archived