The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Target, based in Minnesota, had a Minnesota 'Badgers' piece of clothing on it's shelf.

Now, I realize not everyone is a sports fan, but surely someone woulda/shoulda recognized this before it made it to the shelf. At the very least, I can't fathom an employee putting this out on display and not realizing it was not right.  And, the kicker.  They sold two before it was caught. 

Badgers...Gophers....they're both varmints. TomAto, Tomahto  :rollinglaugh:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

And tell me again how we lost to PU?? They look horrible. 

Yep...and with all due respect to those who think otherwise I still contend this isn't a very good Purdue team. Hot/cold or whatever...I just don't think they are good. Have their moments sure. I mean their 60+ vs us was a big day for their offense. I think they've have 6-7 games at 60 or less....or right around there.

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep...and with all due respect to those who think otherwise I still contend this isn't a very good Purdue team. Hot/cold or whatever...I just don't think they are good. Have their moments sure. I mean their 60+ vs us was a big day for their offense. I think they've have 6-7 games at 60 or less....or right around there.

They are not a good team at all. For the most part they play hard and that at least gives you a chance. A team we should be ashamed of for losing to especially at home

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It baffles me why they're considered a lock for the tourney by so many pundits. 

1 hour ago, HoagieRoll said:

I didn’t realize we were down at #58 in the NET rankings. Weak NCSOS, no decent true road wins...even if we do get to 19 wins this may be a lot closer than I thought on Selection Sunday. 

IU’s NCSOS is actually decent compare to teams in front of them in NET. For example, Texas Tech NCSOS is over #200 and IU’s is #91. TT is NET #16 with a 16-8 record while IU is NET #58 with a 16-8 record.

And then Minnesota is 12-11 and 1-8 on the road, IU stats better in every way, Minnesota is NET #40. Why?

Dont even get me started with Purdue at 14-12....

Starting to think the NET has a massive flaw.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

It’s pretty simple. We’re a very good defensive team who is extremely challenged offensively. We don’t have an alpha on offense like we’ve had in the past. 

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Something like that. Good news is we don’t lose much off this team and bring in 2 guys off redshirt plus Ivey and Morton. I like our potential for next year. 

Yeah, you guys will be good next year for sure.

On another note you guys are in a very similar situation as Minnesota this year.  Great non-con schedule...but needed to win a few more there.

Archived