The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

41 minutes ago, JugRox said:

IU’s NCSOS is actually decent compare to teams in front of them in NET. For example, Texas Tech NCSOS is over #200 and IU’s is #91. TT is NET #16 with a 16-8 record while IU is NET #58 with a 16-8 record.

And then Minnesota is 1-8 on the road, IU stats better in every way, Minnesota is NET #40. Why?

Dont even get me started with Purdue at 14-12....

Starting to think the NET has a massive flaw.

NET for sure has a massive flaw. Another reason why you can only trust computer numbers to an extent 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, JugRox said:

IU’s NCSOS is actually decent compare to teams in front of them in NET. For example, Texas Tech NCSOS is over #200 and IU’s is #91. TT is NET #16 with a 16-8 record while IU is NET #58 with a 16-8 record.

Dont even get me started with Purdue at 14-12....

Starting to think the NET has a massive flaw.

Well they beat Louisville on a neutral floor. We beat Florida St at home. They played Iowa and Creighton in Vegas and lost to both. They lost at DePaul. They lost to Kentucky at home. We beat two worse teams in UConn and ND on neutral floors and lost to a bad Arkansas team at home. I would’ve taken our non-conference schedule everyday of the week compared to what they had to deal with. With that schedule, we’d be 13-11 or 14-10 right now if we were lucky.

4 minutes ago, MPM said:

Well they beat Louisville on a neutral floor. We beat Florida St at home. They played Iowa and Creighton in Vegas and lost to both. They lost at DePaul. They lost to Kentucky at home. We beat two worse teams in UConn and ND on neutral floors and lost to a bad Arkansas team at home. I would’ve taken our non-conference schedule everyday of the week compared to what they had to deal with. With that schedule, we’d be 13-11 or 14-10 right now if we were lucky.

Who are you talking about?

8 minutes ago, MPM said:

And that’s worth 40 spot difference between 2 teams with the same record. And IU having more Q1 wins and no bad losses? And Texas Tech having more Quad 4 wins??

lol....I guess 

I just shake my head seeing what these college coaches draw up at the end of games. Mississippi was down 1 with 25 seconds left and their guard dribble back and forth until 10 seconds to go and took a backup 3 which was an air ball.  I don't know if it is the playerswho don't run the plays or if coaches just don't know how to drew up a play to get a good shot.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just shake my head seeing what these college coaches draw up at the end of games. Mississippi was down 1 with 25 seconds left and their guard dribble back and forth until 10 seconds to go and took a backup 3 which was an air ball.  I don't know if it is the playerswho don't run the plays or if coaches just don't know how to drew up a play to get a good shot.

Saw that. Hard to imagine any coach drawing that up. But teams wait too long to start the offense in last shot situations

15 minutes ago, JugRox said:

And that’s worth 40 spot difference between 2 teams with the same record. And IU having more Q1 wins and no bad losses? And Texas Tech having more Quad 4 wins??

lol....I guess 

Well they win by a lot more at home and lose by a lot less on the road. They have won by 35, 20 and 46 against the Big 12 bottoms feeders at home. We went to OT against Nebraska and beat Northwestern by 4. They played Creighton, DePaul and Louisville without Ramsey (who leads them in scoring at 15 PPG) and they beat Louisville by 13 on a neutral floor without him. Do we beat either UConn or ND without TJD?? They lost to Kansas by 3 on the road. How much do you think we would lose to Kansas on the road by? Are they 40 spots better than us? Well Sagarin has them at 16 and us at 40 which I think is fair.

I have a solution.  The tournament committee should match Purdue and Texas Tech against each other in one of the play-in games.  But, instead of settling it on the court, just run 1 million computer simulations.  Whichever team wins the most simulations gets to move on.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Was his name Green or Durham?  I jest.  Pitiful end for the Rebs.  They had the 'Cats squarely in their sights at Rupp and let it slip away.

1 hour ago, MPM said:

Well they win by a lot more at home and lose by a lot less on the road. They have won by 35, 20 and 46 against the Big 12 bottoms feeders at home. We went to OT against Nebraska and beat Northwestern by 4. They played Creighton, DePaul and Louisville without Ramsey (who leads them in scoring at 15 PPG) and they beat Louisville by 13 on a neutral floor without him. Do we beat either UConn or ND without TJD?? They lost to Kansas by 3 on the road. How much do you think we would lose to Kansas on the road by? Are they 40 spots better than us? Well Sagarin has them at 16 and us at 40 which I think is fair.

Scoring margin in capped at 10. Winning by 10 is the same as winning by 35. Same with losing.

Explain Minnesota at 40 then....

Or Stanford at 33. BYU?

NET is flawed.....in a big way.

Margin of victory is the exact reason the old RPI didn’t work.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

At the TO that followed, the Old Miss coach yelled at the kid who took the shot something like, "What were you doing...pass the ball!", which leads me to believe the kid had no clue and panicked.  But it does make you wonder how well some coaches handle these last shot situations and what they attempt to draw up and explain in that huddle.  So, I'm right there with you, Scott.

12 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Scoring margin in capped at 10. Winning by 10 is the same as winning by 35. Same with losing.

Explain Minnesota at 40 then....

Or Stanford at 33. BYU?

NET is flawed.....in a big way.

Margin of victory is the exact reason the old RPI didn’t work.

I believe scoring margin is only capped in the non conference so cupcakes don't overly impact it.🙄

Archived