The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I have a solution.  The tournament committee should match Purdue and Texas Tech against each other in one of the play-in games.  But, instead of settling it on the court, just run 1 million computer simulations.  Whichever team wins the most simulations gets to move on.  

Why not just let the computers play out the season and not really play the games so we can save time and see who wins

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

KenPom now has 18-5 Yale one spot behind IU in his rankings.  I'm sorry, but if that does not scream 'the numbers don't add up', then nothing does.  No offense to the Yalies, but I don't think they would be 18-5 playing IU's schedule.

Yale beat Clemson and Clemson beat Louisville, so Yale is a top 5 team

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yale beat Clemson and Clemson beat Louisville, so Yale is a top 5 team

I think that;s where these computerized rankings are totally screwing up.  Way too much weight is put on specific games, and not on others.  I have to think that, for whatever reason, Yale's 2 point loss to Penn State (back when PSU was not playing as well as they are now) is carrying a much more proportionate weight than their losses to San Francisco, or Penn.

37 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

KenPom now has 18-5 Yale one spot behind IU in his rankings.  I'm sorry, but if that does not scream 'the numbers don't add up', then nothing does.  No offense to the Yalies, but I don't think they would be 18-5 playing IU's schedule.

KenPom reads our board.  He just dropped Yale 8 spots.  :coffee:

Either that or he updated for that loss to Penn today.  

13 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Georgetown was missing their top two scorers and had 5 healthy scholarship players. 3 guys played 40 minutes and another played 37. Butler now 7-6 in BE and next two on the road at Seton Hall and Creighton.

But, but, but.....but Butler is so sound and good. Never make mistakes. Butler is lucky to have IU carry all the weight (good and bad) on local radio. Most people wouldn't believe someone if they said Butler would have an under .500 conference record after this week. Same with Purdue honestly.

Maybe I heard this one wrong...but I think someone said Illinois made 6-7 field goals entire 2nd half with 2 of those coming in final minute when down 15+. Just looked at box score and that's some bad shooting for sure. I know they missed Ayo but hoisting up 30 3's isn't much of a strategy. Still looking for those national pundits who just 2-3 weeks ago said how strong and stable Underwood has the Illinois program.

Here's a newsflash. Yesterday was a glimpse of Illinois next year because Ayo isn't coming back. Much like many of us said last year how bad Purdue would look on offense without Carsen. 1 player can cover up plenty of stench. 

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe I heard this one wrong...but I think someone said Illinois made 6-7 field goals entire 2nd half with 2 of those coming in final minute when down 15+. Just looked at box score and that's some bad shooting for sure. I know they missed Ayo but hoisting up 30 3's isn't much of a strategy. Still looking for those national pundits who just 2-3 weeks ago said how strong and stable Underwood has the Illinois program.

Here's a newsflash. Yesterday was a glimpse of Illinois next year because Ayo isn't coming back. Much like many of us said last year how bad Purdue would look on offense without Carsen. 1 player can cover up plenty of stench. 

I think you were the one that said Trent Frazier was their DG...You hit that one on the head...it was a close game until he started firing and missing...I think he was 2-13 (1-9 from 3). He killed them...

Rutgers got up 20...2 "mercy baskets" at the end made it "only" 15...

Archived