The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Was hoping Minnesota won today. Hate to see teams at home with more motivation with us coming to town. 

Yep.  My son was focused on what it meant in the standings for BTT seeding and was rooting for Iowa.  I told him that the best way to finish ahead of Minny was to beat them and the best opportunity to beat them would be if they won today.  

But, regardless, if we can't give a better effort than what we gave today, it does not matter.  We could have played Incarnate Word and got curb stomped wit that effort.

17 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

No, my assumption is Kofi stays for his soph season.

I like to see kids come back but I see him leaving if he thinks he will get drafted.  Since the NBA draft purely on potential I can see them looking at him since it is hard to find 6'10 freakishly athletic big guys.

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I like to see kids come back but I see him leaving if he thinks he will get drafted.  Since the NBA draft purely on potential I can see them looking at him since it is hard to find 6'10 freakishly athletic big guys.

He's big and agile for his size, but in the NBA he'd be outclassed athletically. He's not getting drafted, doesn't show up on any mock drafts. If he leaves, he'd be playing overseas and maybe that's enough for him? We'll see. Same for Garza, kid is going to be B1G POTY and isn't on the NBA radar at all.

5 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

He's big and agile for his size, but in the NBA he'd be outclassed athletically. He's not getting drafted, doesn't show up on any mock drafts. If he leaves, he'd be playing overseas and maybe that's enough for him? We'll see. Same for Garza, kid is going to be B1G POTY and isn't on the NBA radar at all.

Bardo think Kofi Cockburn will be gone next season...

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Was Bardo hired as GM for an NBA team or something? Dan Dakich called Kofi a "lottery pick" early in the season, then during the MSU game last week was talking about how he'd be better next year at Illinois. 

These media types are always going for attention with their hot takes.

1 minute ago, BruceDouglas said:

Was Bardo hired as GM for an NBA team or something? Dan Dakich called Kofi a "lottery pick" early in the season, then during the MSU game last week was talking about how he'd be better next year at Illinois. 

Bruce, a very, very, very valid point.  Kudos.

5 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

No, but I'd bet Bardo a little closer to and is more informed  of the goings on within the U of I program than anyone on this site...

Dakich says stuff for effect...Bardo, in my opinion, is one of the better color commentators out there...

Just now, IUFLA said:

No, but I'd bet he's a little closer to and is more informed  of the goings on within the U of I program than anyone on this site...

Well, sure. But that's really not saying much, it means he is more informed than....me? 😁 . He's not exactly a beloved person around Champaign and while he may have plenty of connections in the basketball world, there are a ton of people that follow the draft really closely and none of them give Kofi much of a chance to be drafted.

1 minute ago, BruceDouglas said:

Well, sure. But that's really not saying much, it means he is more informed than....me? 😁 . He's not exactly a beloved person around Champaign and while he may have plenty of connections in the basketball world, there are a ton of people that follow the draft really closely and none of them give Kofi much of a chance to be drafted.

Cockburn has one thing you can't teach (size) and another that's rarely coupled with that size (athleticism under development)...he goes, he'll get drafted...might spend some time in the G league, but someone will take him...the NBA loves potential...

31 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

I agree.....but there is no doubt Cockburn is bound for the NBA.

Why wait if a team wants to pick ya up in the first round?

Who has better long term NBA potential in the B10 than Cockburn?

Archived