The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rico said:

The Tar Heels have not won since Anthony has come back.

Aside from the Wake Forest game they've played decent since his return.  They just can't get the "w".    Which I enjoy seeing.  Lol  My fear though is with the ACC so down that they put a run together and win the ACC tournament.   It would be a long shot having to win 5 games in 5 days but who knows with this season.

Go Hoosiers!!!

8 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Aside from the Wake Forest game they've played decent since his return.  They just can't get the "w".    Which I enjoy seeing.  Lol  My fear though is with the ACC so down that they put a run together and win the ACC tournament.   It would be a long shot having to win 5 games in 5 days but who knows with this season.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Old "Golly! Gee!" Roy even dropped an F bomb at the post game presser...

I've said it before, I think he's not long for that job...

Just now, IUFLA said:

Old "Golly! Gee!" Roy even dropped an F bomb at the post game presser...

I've said it before, I think he's not long for that job...

If it wasn't for the recruiting class he's assembled coming in this might be the type of year that finishes him. I think he has one last push in him. Maybe 2-3 years tops.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

North Carolina is now 10-16 after dropping a home game to Notre Dame on Monday.  Question, seeing as how IU has defeated ND this season, will the ND win against UNC help IU's SOS at season's end ?

My guess is no because UNC is so awful the fact that ND didn't win by 20 will somehow make IU drop 7 more spots in NET rankings. Same goes for tonight when FSU hosts Pitt. If Seminoles don't win by 30 they'll lose a spot and ultimately cause a proportionate response from the ranking folks and we'll move down 5 more spots to 75 by 11pm tonight. 

55 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

North Carolina is now 10-16 after dropping a home game to Notre Dame on Monday.  Question, seeing as how IU has defeated ND this season, will the ND win against UNC help IU's SOS at season's end ?

We need to keep an eye on Notre Dame.  They haven't made it onto the "bubble" yet but they are right there.  

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Be a real kick in the sack for ND to get in and knock IU OUT 

It could easily happen.  The Irish sit 16-10 OA and 7-8 in conference.  They have 5 games left...4 are very winnable.  And they have a date with Florida St. as well in South Bend.

52 minutes ago, rico said:

It could easily happen.  The Irish sit 16-10 OA and 7-8 in conference.  They have 5 games left...4 are very winnable.  And they have a date with Florida St. as well in South Bend.

I think only 4 get in from the ACC. Duke, FSU, Louisville, Virginia. Maybe 5 if someone makes a run in their tournament but ND would have to leap frog some teams. NCST probably being the next best to get in. Beating Clemson helped but Clemson has more impressive wins.. Duke, UL, NCST, Syracuse....but also bad losses. Notre Dame really has no elite wins...but they have also not been blown out and overall been competitive even in their losses. Eventually though I think you got to put a win in the win column or you just aren't making it. FSU is their last chance.

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think only 4 get in from the ACC. Duke, FSU, Louisville, Virginia. Maybe 5 if someone makes a run in their tournament but ND would have to leap frog some teams. NCST probably being the next best to get in. Beating Clemson helped but Clemson has more impressive wins.. Duke, UL, NCST, Syracuse....but also bad losses. Notre Dame really has no elite wins...but they have also not been blown out and overall been competitive even in their losses. Eventually though I think you got to put a win in the win column or you just aren't making it. FSU is their last chance.

Yeah.  Pretty much spot on.  ND non-con just plain sucked.  Maryland, UCLA, and IU.  They did beat the "Micks" but that really holds no water.  But if, and that is a big IF, they can run the table....they are alive for a bid.

23 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Cockburn has one thing you can't teach (size) and another that's rarely coupled with that size (athleticism under development)...he goes, he'll get drafted...might spend some time in the G league, but someone will take him...the NBA loves potential...

We'll have to disagree here. Look at Azubuike at KU. Very similar guy, great size and a decent athlete. Yet he's a 4 year guy at a high profile program. Have seen him projected as a late 2nd rounder by some. 10-15 years ago Kofi would have been an obvious one and done, like Okafor at Duke. Just not the case any more.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We'll see how much Jay Wright loves the college game. Knicks are calling but as always several conflicting reports. Most seem to say the only job he would leave Nova for is 76ers. 

I'd wait for the Sixers.  That might pop open soon.  I am not sure how much shelf life Brown has there.  The only way I'd go to the Knicks is if the money is outrageous.

22 hours ago, JugRox said:

I agree.....but there is no doubt Cockburn is bound for the NBA.

Why wait if a team wants to pick ya up in the first round?

Who has better long term NBA potential in the B10 than Cockburn?

No one's picking him in the first round, that's why. 

Jalen Smith is way ahead as the top B1G prospect. Probably Oturu as well, but the conference really doesn't have a ton of NBA talent these days.

He might leave anyway, a lot of kids left last year that had no hope of getting drafted. 

Regarding NCAA selections, saw an interesting fact - Rutgers has exactly 1 win away from home, winning @ Nebraska. Will be really interesting to see what the committee does with that.

2 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

We'll have to disagree here. Look at Azubuike at KU. Very similar guy, great size and a decent athlete. Yet he's a 4 year guy at a high profile program. Have seen him projected as a late 2nd rounder by some. 10-15 years ago Kofi would have been an obvious one and done, like Okafor at Duke. Just not the case any more.

Hope Ayo is back soon.  Love his game.

Agree with you on Cockburn.  Nice college player.  He looks amazing in the team photo but, from an NBA perspective, he's rather stiff and not super athletic.  Yinka Dare was once thought of as a beast.  There's more to being an NBA player than looking good in the uniform.

59 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

We'll, we'll see...I would imagine his family's finances will dictate what he does to a degree...

5 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Regarding NCAA selections, saw an interesting fact - Rutgers has exactly 1 win away from home, winning @ Nebraska. Will be really interesting to see what the committee does with that.

I seen that mentioned the other day.  Interesting to see how that plays out.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Do we have a curse where we have to play teams coming off of a loss? Minny loses a bad to Iowa. We play them. Penn St POTENTIALLY losing to Illinois come the Hall this weekend off of a loss. Give us a break already. 

Not to mention Dosunmu looks reinvigorated, and we have the Illini on 3/1...

Archived