The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

I guess we should be happy they are high.  It gave us a better win.  Lol  Just be glad the NET is only one tool used to select teams.

That Minny ranking is puzzling.  They've lost 5 of their last 6 games.  I went back and found they were #43 before their loss to Michigan St.  So a 1-5 record has only dropped them 10 spots.  That just makes zero sense.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Even more puzzling: they dropped 9 spots after losing to us. The NET doesn't seem to like us very much. Iowa dropped considerably after losing to us as well. 

I also haven't figured out why NET and Kenpom are so infatuated with Purdue. 

Just watched the end of the Vermont Catamounts vs. Stoney Brook. Mainly because Vermont has 2 boys that played HS ball at my kids alma mater, Ev. Harrison. You know the same school that produced one of IUs all time greats, Calbert Cheaney and Walter McCarthy went there as well.

They are the Duncan brothers, Everett and Robin. Their other brother Ernie played there last year. The Catamounts are in 1st place in their league with only 1 conference loss! Nice to see some boys from Indiana showing those easterners what good basketball is......

20 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Just watched the end of the Vermont Catamounts vs. Stoney Brook. Mainly because Vermont has 2 boys that played HS ball at my kids alma mater, Ev. Harrison. You know the same school that produced one of IUs all time greats, Calbert Cheaney and Walter McCarthy went there as well.

They are the Duncan brothers, Everett and Robin. Their other brother Ernie played there last year. The Catamounts are in 1st place in their league with only 1 conference loss! Nice to see some boys from Indiana showing those easterners what good basketball is......

That is my alma mater as well. 

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Sounds like the same thing IU has struggled with at times this year.

If I were recruiting for IU, high on my list of qualities I'd look for in recruits is players that HATE to lose and ESPECIALLY hate losing to Turdue.  Motivated players have a huge leg up on soft/passive players.  IU has looked soft as Charmin at times this year.  I hope they really found their edge last night and can keep that edge.  If they do, good things are coming.

I watched the game last night while listening to the IU game. If that was no effort wow! I mean that effort would exceed 90% of our games sadly. Duke didn’t hedge well at all and lost their man quite a bit but they were playing hard the whole game. A lot of freshman playing like freshman making dumb turnovers but I saw effort. Honestly nc state just played their butt off and hit a lot of incredible shots I doubt they hit all year. Kinda snowballed really. Got a couple big runs early but Duke would cut the lead from 20 to 10 and even closer at one point but nc state would hit a couple 3s and it was back to 20 it seemed in a minute or so. I know K is just trying to get his teams attention but it’s laughable to think their effort was as bad as he made it out. I mean many times they were going after rebounds and knocking it off each other giving nc state another shot. Can’t imagine what he would think of 90% of our road games lol.

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Noticed Daniel Giddens is also on the team.  He was in the same recruiting class at Ohio State as JaQuan Lyle.

Archived