The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't looked at schedule but I know we've discussed before....but Maryland continues to win the very close ones. Feel like that's 5-6 games settled by a possession or so this year in conference play.

Edit-Should have added. Glad to hear Turgeon mention the 9pm EST start for East Coast teams playing in Minnesota. Said he was just hoping to get home by 430 this morning. We had to do the same.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Don't look now but the Irish are 18-10 overall and 9-8 in the ACC.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Another heckuva coaching job by Brey. 

Yes, a good job by Brey. But also an indication of how far the ACC has fallen. ND tied for 5th in ACC and are 0-5 against ranked opponents. Hoosiers tied for 8th in B1G and are 5-3 against ranked teams.

Not one ACC team has 5 wins against ranked teams. FSU is 4-1. LVille is 2-3. NC State, 7th and considered a bubble team, is 1-4. Purdue,  tied for 11th in B1G and on no one's brackets, has four wins over ranked teams. Minny has two.

From Palm's mail bag...

Q: (What is Purdue's) hope of reaching the NCAA tourney if they win out the rest of the season and make the B10 tourney final? - @SenatorFuzz

A: This is a great example of the kind of question I normally cannot answer with any degree of certainty. Fans of at least Arkansas, Michigan and Saint Louis asked similar questions. However, I chose this one because I can answer it.

Purdue's primary problem is overall record. The Boilermakers sit right at .500 with a 14-14 record. In order to reach the final of the Big Ten Tournament, Purdue would have to win three games there or four if it is seeded low enough. Along with the three to end the regular season, plus the loss in the Big Ten championship game, the Boilers would finish 20-15. That would get them in the field. I have not seen the Purdue team this season capable of pulling that off.

3 hours ago, rico said:

Well, Michigan's winning streak comes to an end as Bucky wins at Chrisler.  The Wolves were without Brooks but the Badgers made more 3's than Michigan attempted...Wisconsin out scored the Wolverines 33-9 from behind the arc.  

Really impressed with Wisconsin. Should be a chance for another win vs ranked team next week. Also really impressed they did all of this after losing best scorer/player. Sometimes just losing a guy or two off of a team is all a team and coach needs.

I wish IU could turn some corner like Wisconsin always seems to.  I watched them against a mediocre NC st team and declared them the worst Wisconsin team in 15 years.  Even went back and looked at their recruiting over that time period and proved myself correct.  What they have done and the individual player improvement is astonishing.  

Archived