The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

Very underrated aspect of MSU winning tonight, is that they are now tied for first in the conference and have the tiebreaker over Maryland (first goes head to head and then it goes to each team's record vs the highest team in the standings, then next highest, etc.). If Ohio State loses out and we win out, the tiebreaker going from us head to head (split) to each of our records vs a #1 Michigan State team would actually give us the tiebreaker over them. I don't think it helps too much because in mutli-team tiebreakers with teams around us our record isn't great, but Michigan State finishing 1st in the conference could help us a lot

Here are the full tie-breaking rules https://bigten.org/news/2019/9/12/2020-mens-basketball-tournament-tiebreaker-procedures.aspx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Huge comeback and win for Tennessee. Big win for the Volunteers in spite of ketchup guys  4 point scoring spree.

As much as I enjoy UK losing(especially at Rupp) UT has played it's way into the bubble conversation.   Next up for them...a home game with #17 Auburn.   They could be a team that bumps us out of the field should we falter down the stretch.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Speaking of UK...I stole this from a poster on another site that is a 'Cat fan...

There’s other things I’m worried about with this team, namely Ashton Hagans.

Someone called into Matt Jones last night sitting behind the bench. This was the exchange when Cal subbed him back in:

Ashton: Why? So you can take me out again?
Cal: Either you check back in or go to the locker room.

Cal also sent Kenny Payne to do the post game radio show. That’s something Pitino would do after a loss.

Whatever is going on with Hagans needs to be nipped now though. Don’t know if it’s true but one suggestion is not happy with the attention on Quickley.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Speaking of UK...I stole this from a poster on another site that is a 'Cat fan...

There’s other things I’m worried about with this team, namely Ashton Hagans.

Someone called into Matt Jones last night sitting behind the bench. This was the exchange when Cal subbed him back in:

Ashton: Why? So you can take me out again?
Cal: Either you check back in or go to the locker room.

Cal also sent Kenny Payne to do the post game radio show. That’s something Pitino would do after a loss.

Whatever is going on with Hagans needs to be nipped now though. Don’t know if it’s true but one suggestion is not happy with the attention on Quickley.

Fans angry and confirming this report.

Cal has shortened the entire team/bench and now he has another disgruntled player. One already transferred and another player sitting on the bench getting 8 minutes and 2 ppg. Fun times in the bluegrass!

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cal has shortened the entire team/bench and now he has another disgruntled player. One already transferred and another player sitting on the bench getting 8 minutes and 2 ppg. Fun times in the bluegrass!

Yet through it all still will be in the top 10 and probably a  seed.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Well I can "honestly" see Hagan's gripe.  Last night Quickley took 16 shots, Maxey took 15, and Hagans took a measly 10.  Meanwhile the UK bigs were hogging the ball...Richards had 5 shots and Montgomery 4.  The 6th man, Sestina, had a very "unproductive" 1 FGA.  Hagans needs more shots.

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yet through it all still will be in the top 10 and probably a  seed.

Yep. UK fans are a strange bunch. Worse than us. They love Cal to death even though by their own expectations of titles he's failed. Usually when I hear UK fan chirping it's just normal want UK to play and be better chirping. First time where I'm sensing a real angst about how each year transpires. Kids leaving. Over recruit. Takes time for new kids to hopefully play together by March...and off they go. Rinse wash repeat. 

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. UK fans are a strange bunch. Worse than us. They love Cal to death even though by their own expectations of titles he's failed. Usually when I hear UK fan chirping it's just normal want UK to play and be better chirping. First time where I'm sensing a real angst about how each year transpires. Kids leaving. Over recruit. Takes time for new kids to hopefully play together by March...and off they go. Rinse wash repeat. 

I would love to see a full blown implosion. 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I would love to see a full blown implosion. 

Wouldn't bother me one bit but on the other hand it could be worse. UK would go full UK and offer Donovan or Stevens or fill in the blank guy $250 Million to be their next coach and it would be an upgrade over Cal. 

31 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Man these last few days have not been good for our bubble. Seems like every team around us has been winning against teams they shouldn’t. Gonna be interesting. 

The good news is that IU isn’t really on the bubble. The only thing that would put IU on the bubble would be IU screwing up. Win and IU is in, it’s that simple. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The good news is that IU isn’t really on the bubble. The only thing that would put IU on the bubble would be IU screwing up. Win and IU is in, it’s that simple. 

I saw last night on ESPN where Lunardi put us in the last 4 in

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I saw last night on ESPN where Lunardi put us in the last 4 in

Well first, Lunardi is one of the worst breaketologist, and secondly if we beat Minnesota and beat Wisconsin we aren’t in the last 4 anymore. IU controls their own destiny. This isn’t last year where we needed to scoreboard watch. 

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Well first, Lunardi is one of the worst breaketologist, and secondly if we beat Minnesota and beat Wisconsin we aren’t in the last 4 anymore. IU controls their own destiny. This isn’t last year where we needed to scoreboard watch. 

Sure, we still have chances to cinch it, but it's not hard to imagine us falling back and being squarely on the bubble.

Bracket Matrix has us as a 10, and my favorite computer model http://hoopshd.com/nitty-gritty-rankings/ , which won the competition for most accurate prediction last year, has us as an 8. I'll still be happy if other bubble teams start to lose. 

10 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Sure, we still have chances to cinch it, but it's not hard to imagine us falling back and being squarely on the bubble.

Bracket Matrix has us as a 10, and my favorite computer model http://hoopshd.com/nitty-gritty-rankings/ , which won the competition for most accurate prediction last year, has us as an 8. I'll still be happy if other bubble teams start to lose. 

Again though, if IU ends up on the bubble that's squarely IU's fault, not because of what any other teams did. Last year we had to hope IU won and others lost, that is not the case right now. IU win's, then IU is a lock. 

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I felt good about that scenario a week ago but not as sure right now. Hope you are right

IF IU wins these last two games, there is absolutely not one single scenario where we're not getting into the tournament. A 20 win IU team isn't even in bubble conversation. 

Archived