The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't watch any hoops after our game yesterday for a few hours. Maybe our resident Boiler fan can confirm this. Guy on twitter said yesterday was Nojel Eastern's 15th game this year where he scored 2 points or less. I bring this up because we love to eat our own so much....curious what the natives say about him. 3rd year in the program and all.

I think it’s a mixed bag on him. He’s an all-conference defender and one of the best defenders Painter has ever had (on the same level as Kramer) but I think he tries to do too much on offense at times when in reality, he should get a lot of his points in the paint off of offensive rebounds, post-ups, etc. I wouldn’t be upset if I never saw him take a jump shot again. i saw some star that said when he took less than like 4 FG in a game, we were like 12-2, and when he took more than that, our record was a lot worse. He’s at his best when he’s playing lockdown defense and just getting points via post-up/offensive rebounds versus trying to force things offensively. He needs to be a complimentary piece on offense not a focal point. 

6 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

What happened to Matt Hurt?  Scored 0 points in 9 minutes.   He was a top 5 recruit I think. Not as good as advertised?

Didn’t see that game but he has had some good games and some duds. Big thing is his defense is pretty darn bad and Coach K has had issues with this team really competing some nights. K is figuring out it is hard to motivate kids that want to be OAD and have their foot out the door before they get there. Many could care less about a NC. It’s about the right mix of kids and having leaders on the team hold them accountable. There are a few special OADs like Zion and Barrett that just compete hard at everything but K is finding out like Cal does sometimes. 18 year olds that already have their agent picked out aren’t going to win you a lot of championships. See Memphis.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Didn’t see that game but he has had some good games and some duds. Big thing is his defense is pretty darn bad and Coach K has had issues with this team really competing some nights. K is figuring out it is hard to motivate kids that want to be OAD and have their foot out the door before they get there. Many could care less about a NC. It’s about the right mix of kids and having leaders on the team hold them accountable. There are a few special OADs like Zion and Barrett that just compete hard at everything but K is finding out like Cal does sometimes. 18 year olds that already have their agent picked out aren’t going to win you a lot of championships. See Memphis.

Yo!

https://www.espn.in/video/clip/_/id/25277542

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Is he really a OAD?  I don't see him on any draft boards. 

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Is he really a OAD?  I don't see him on any draft boards. 

He thinks he is. I don’t have time to pull the articles during his recruitment but he clearly was only interested in playing one year on his way to bigger things.

3 minutes ago, DireBump said:

Liberty won the A-sun championship. Good for us as they were a projected bubble team if they didn't win their conference. 

Thanks. And that is what I have been saying. Got to be wary of teams in a automatic bid conference, going on a run that were not projected to be dancing.

23 hours ago, Lurker said:

Kentucky, down by 18 at one point, wins at Florida.  Brooks with the start after Hagans takes a few days away from the team for personal reasons. Brooks finishes with 10pt and 3 reb in 27 minutes. He was 4-5 from the field including 2-2 from 3. Also had 2 steals.

Hagans told Cal he was “in a bad way”. Interesting article. DJ Carton and now Ashton Hagans. A lot of pressure on these young men

https://sports.yahoo.com/kentucky-wildcats-ashton-hagans-out-personal-reasons-bad-way-mental-health-john-calipari-florida-comeback-win-224213408.html

26 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Hagans told Cal he was “in a bad way”. Interesting article. DJ Carton and now Ashton Hagans. A lot of pressure on these young men

https://sports.yahoo.com/kentucky-wildcats-ashton-hagans-out-personal-reasons-bad-way-mental-health-john-calipari-florida-comeback-win-224213408.html

Since we all know that idiot fans won't stop going to social media to rip players or coaches, these players just need to get off of it.

Watching Iowa-Illinois in Champaign...the Whinin Illini are a bunch of punks...Tough guy Williams throws another elbow at McCaffery's kid...

2 sets of double technicals...I think Fran will blow soon...

If you remember, these 2 had a dust-up last month...

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Man some of those players on Iowa is just dirty players.  Watching their game against UI they talk a lot of trash and take unnecessary hits to other players. 

You really watching the game!?!?

Illinois is the team talking trash and throwing elbows...

Just now, IUFLA said:

Watching Iowa-Illinois in Champaign...the Whinin Illini are a bunch of punks...Tough guy Williams throws another elbow at McCaffery's kid...

2 sets of double technicals...I think Fran will blow soon...

If you remember, these 2 had a dust-up last month...

I actually think the Iowa players are punks as well especially McCafferty.  I have watched a lot of their games this year and it seems like he gets into one of these skirmishes every game.  Remember him and another guy getting into it with Hunter and hunter got a T

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You really watching the game!?!?

Illinois is the team talking trash and throwing elbows...

Agree. Damonte is a punk and he made a punk move vs Rob without penalty. Maybe someone called from the 773 to the 217 and finally said enough. 

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Man some of those players on Iowa is just dirty players.  Watching their game against UI they talk a lot of trash and take unnecessary hits to other players. 

Just my 2 cents but Illinois has a couple. Cost us a game recently. My ire would be directed at Illinois not Iowa.

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I watched the Illinois vs Missouri game early this year...I don’t want to go all Belien or anything but “thuggish” could have been used for both sides.

Weird one for sure. Illinois loses to the worst teams in the SEC and ACC inside of 2 weeks and the whole world wanted no neck fired. Now the program is suddenly on solid ground. Haha.

16 minutes ago, rico said:

UConn won today finishing the season at 19-12 and 10-8 in the AAC.  Danny Hurley has done a great job with the Huskies.  It will be interesting to see how they fare in the Big East.

Wonder how many wins in the conference tourneys it would take for ND or UCONN to move into the top 50 in the NET and give us another Quad 1 win.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Wonder how many wins in the conference tourneys it would take for ND or UCONN to move into the top 50 in the NET and give us another Quad 1 win.

We will have to ask the NET gurus that, because I have no freaking idea...but it is a fine question.

Archived