The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess we'll find out in 10 days but I'm curious how much damage the way our conference allows kids to play tackle basketball will translate to NCAA tourney and new officials might call it differently.  You could have 2-3 teams star players go down with early foul trouble and poof...season ends. 

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Guess we'll find out in 10 days but I'm curious how much damage the way our conference allows kids to play tackle basketball will translate to NCAA tourney and new officials might call it differently.  You could have 2-3 teams star players go down with early foul trouble and poof...season ends. 

Well I think it plays to our advantage. We have been aggressive to take it to the rim all year. If we continue the inside out approach if we hit our free throws we can have a shot at winning a couple games in the tourney and then...who knows.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Ivy League cancels its conference tournament due to the coronavirus hysteria.  There goes any bid stealers out of that league... Great that this ridiculous freak out is helping out the Hoosiers!

I doubt there would have been a bid stealer from the Ivy league anyways.  There is not one team in that league that would get an at large bid so the champion is the only team from that league to get in anyways.  They will just take the regular season champion and that will be who gets the bid for the NCAA tournament.  they have only had a conference tournament for a few years and they just let the top 4 seeds in anyways.

16 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Ivy League cancels its conference tournament due to the coronavirus hysteria.  There goes any bid stealers out of that league... Great that this ridiculous freak out is helping out the Hoosiers!

Latest rumor is that NCAAT will be cancelled with title to be awarded to Duke.  :coffee:

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Feel bad for the players.   I don't get why they didn't just play the games without fans.  Chances are slim that anyone would have the virus.   Guess they figured nobody would watch on TV.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

In the aftermath, a large percentage of the fans that would have been at the tournament will stay home and catch the flu from the neighborhood kid going door to door selling girl scout cookies.

In all seriousness, I'm sorry but all of this is extreme overreaction to what is really just another virus and one that is nowhere near as dangerous as the flu, which kills thousands and thousands every year across multiple age ranges, while this virus is mostly dangerous only to the elderly or those with reduced immune systems.

Colleges cancelling terms, leagues canceling tourneys, etc. etc. and for what? People are supposed to stay inside for the next year and let the world grind to a halt, before -- maybe -- they can develop a shot for it, I mean, we're at least a year away from one (publicly available and past testing and CDC approval etc.). This is all so stupid. Fear mongering at its best.

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In the aftermath, a large percentage of the fans that would have been at the tournament will stay home and catch the flu from the neighborhood kid going door to door selling girl scout cookies.

They still do door to door?  I only see them in front of a Walmart or other businesses 

45 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

In all seriousness, I'm sorry but all of this is extreme overreaction to what is really just another virus and one that is nowhere near as dangerous as the flu, which kills thousands and thousands every year across multiple age ranges, while this virus is mostly dangerous only to the elderly or those with reduced immune systems.

Colleges cancelling terms, leagues canceling tourneys, etc. etc. and for what? People are supposed to stay inside for the next year and let the world grind to a halt, before -- maybe -- they can develop a shot for it, I mean, we're at least a year away from one (publicly available and past testing and CDC approval etc.). This is all so stupid. Fear mongering at its best.

I think we all know to the reasons why this is being blown out of proportion and having such an impact on the stock market.

We don't talk politics on here but this sham is politics at it's best.

If this post crosses the line, please delete.

Just waiting for the NCAA to announce the opening round games in Spokane, WA will be played in empty arenas. Other companies have like Adobe have already cancelled huge annual conferences.

Furthermore, if the Ivy League really cared, wouldn't they just prevent any of their teams from even participating in the NCAA tournament? 

4 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Really stinks for those kids but was thinking the same thing you were! 

Is this thread the best place for Bid-Stealer updates? This is when things get fun and interesting

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Got the email that we are closing campus following this week. Won't reopen until April 6th.

Sounds like an NIT game would be highly unlikely:

No new non-essential, large events should be scheduled through April 6. For events already scheduled through April 6, organizers are strongly encouraged to immediately consider canceling or rescheduling these. Any large events that it is proposed should continue must seek the approval of the Executive Vice President for the relevant campus or unit. Athletic events will follow the guidance of their Conference Governance and public health officials. 

https://president.iu.edu/speeches/statements/2020/03-10-coronavirus-letter.html

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Opinions are encouraged here!

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I think we all know to the reasons why this is being blown out of proportion and having such an impact on the stock market.

Interesting that our petty political disputes impact the entire world. 

Italy must be shutting down the country because of our politics. China quarantined a huge city because they listen to our media. 

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Are you serious? I respect this board and the intelligence of posters here, but this is pure conspiratorial BS. This is an actual pandemic that needs to be taken seriously. Italy (which we're way behind on reported/tested cases) is basically screwed. The goal is to flatten the curve on medical facilities being inundated with Covid-19 cases. We need to be cautious, if for no other reason than other vulnerable members of our society are susceptible to this virus. This isn't a political conspiracy. Facts are facts. 

Archived