The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

How we lost to Purdue at home, on the day RMK comes back still blows my mind. They are terrible. 

I've been saying the same on here all year. Purdue isn't a very good team nor are they coached well. They won their Super Bowl and basically have tanked since....and of course we get to face another team coming off a loss.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been saying the same on here all year. Purdue isn't a very good team nor are they coached well. They won their Super Bowl and basically have tanked since....and of course we get to face another team coming off a loss.

Not just a loss. But four losses in a row.

When I was watching the KU/Baylor game, Bilas was prattling on about there being "4 great teams (KU, Baylor, Gonzaga, San Diego State)...so much for parity."

Get those teams out of their conferences, and let's see how "great" they really are...

I think the tournament this year is going to be a free-for-all (fire up the Ted Nugent!) with a dozen teams capable of winning it...

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

When I was watching the KU/Baylor game, Bilas was prattling on about there being "4 great teams (KU, Baylor, Gonzaga, San Diego State)...so much for parity."

Get those teams out of their conferences, and let's see how "great" they really are...

I think the tournament this year is going to be a free-for-all (fire up the Ted Nugent!) with a dozen teams capable of winning it...

Sounds dumb to say what I'm getting ready to say but hope we land a 10 or 11 seed instead of 8/9. Think we would have better chance of advancing (if we get to that point) playing a 2 or 3 seed in 2nd round instead of being opposite the 1 right away. First thing first though. Have to make sure we get in. 

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Iirc only once in the last 15 or so years has the champion not been top 25 in BOTH offensive and defensive efficiency rating.  

As of today only 8 meet that.  Kansas, Baylor, duke, San Diego st, msu, Arizona, Michigan, and wait for it, OSU. 

8 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Bilas has kind of gone off the rails over the past few years. Somewhere along the line his ego over-inflated, now he spouts things as if they are gospel - the gospel according to Bilas - he’s truly full of himself. And it’s absurd not to see the glaring parity in today’s college ball 

Just now, southsidehoosier said:

Butler being taken to the woodshed 

Creighton will be a tough out in the tournament I believe. I thought Butler was a little over rated earlier in the year but Creighton..that team I think can make some noise. Funny though wasn’t their coach mentioned in the fbi scandal??

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

With everyone losing yesterday, Maryland actually had a shot at a #1 seed.  I think today's loss eliminates that fro,m the equation.

For today.  Run the table and win B1G and how would they not be number 1 seed after that?  Baylor or Kansas will lose one more.  Duke will win out and share for regular season acc at least.  Honestly on second look if gonzaga, San Diego st, and Dayton win out they will be hard to keep off one lines.  Then it's the winner of baylor/Kansas in b12 champ if it comes to that.  I don't see Mayland winning out through btt either.  So yeah, probably not.   

Still 2 weeks and the tourneys.  It's getting good.  

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

For today.  Run the table and win B1G and how would they not be number 1 seed after that?  Baylor or Kansas will lose one more.  Duke will win out and share for regular season acc at least.  Honestly on second look if gonzaga, San Diego st, and Dayton win out they will be hard to keep off one lines.  Then it's the winner of baylor/Kansas in b12 champ if it comes to that.  I don't see Mayland winning out through btt either.  So yeah, probably not.   

Still 2 weeks and the tourneys.  It's getting good.  

Dayton is the interesting one.  Their non-con, to me, just doesn't measure up with being a #1.  They beat UGA, and Va Tech, but lost at home to Colorado.  They also have a win over St. Mary's.  But against the other schools in the conversation for a #1, meh.  But the A-10 is a dang fine conference and thus far they are undefeated in it, so that says something.  

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Dayton is the interesting one.  Their non-con, to me, just doesn't measure up with being a #1.  They beat UGA, and Va Tech, but lost at home to Colorado.  They also have a win over St. Mary's.  But against the other schools in the conversation for a #1, meh.  But the A-10 is a dang fine conference and thus far they are undefeated in it, so that says something.  

And they're likely to be ranked #2 in the nation.

That just felt crazy typing...my hometown team doing it right.

6 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

And they're likely to be ranked #2 in the nation.

That just felt crazy typing...my hometown team doing it right.

Hell, I remember them from the Jim Paxson days.  One fine and proud program.  They were Gonzaga before Gonzaga was Gonzaga.

Archived