The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Kudos to Brooks for being consistent for Kentucky. Just saw that he has scored 2 points in each of his last three games.
Wonder how “daddy Brooks” is feeling ? I wish the kid the best but have to think things are not going as they planned.

I've made some pretty whatever comments on this whole situation. Guess I'm moving to the just wish the kid well camp....not completely there yet. Still waiting for Brian Snow to write a follow up article on the abuse Brooks is taking from fans at UK calling him a bust,etc...since he made some of our fans believe last year that's the reason he went elsewhere.

I just hope whoever helps him with his next big time decision just doesn't fall hook, line, and sinker for the biggest con going. No minutes, no run, no experience....and a full load of recruits coming next year. I don't see his playing time improving much.

1 hour ago, rico said:

West Virginia is limping down the stretch...they fall at Texas.  WV beat the 'horns by 38 a month ago.

Huggins is a really good coach, but you have to wonder if his style doesn't wear thin on the kids of today...both on and off the court...

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Appears to me that WV just can't win on the road in the Big 12...time change?

It's only 1 time zone, but maybe...

I know after I get off of a plane, the last thing I'd like to do is play in a competitive basketball game...even when I was younger 😁

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It's only 1 time zone, but maybe...

I know after I get off of a plane, the last thing I'd like to do is play in a competitive basketball game...even when I was younger 😁

I said that in jest although I saw a WV brought that up on another board.  But IIRC they have lost their last 6 conference games on the road.  And the last 3 have not been to the "elite."  I am thinking K-State, TCU, and now Texas.  Whatever it is the 'Neers are going in the wrong direction.

14 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Yep, I remember the most trivial things about sports from 50 years back...

But don't ask me what I was doing 5 minutes ago...

I am the same way especially with the final four.  I can tell you who played in 1988 final four but to remember who played in 2016 would be harder for me.

Watching the FSU and UL game those two teams just seems like they are just better than anyone in the big ten.  Not saying the big ten is not the best conference but if you just look at the top of other conferences I think they are better than the big ten.  I also thought that while watching the KU and Baylor game because both games just seemed like a higher level than we see in the big ten.

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching the FSU and UL game those two teams just seems like they are just better than anyone in the big ten.  Not saying the big ten is not the best conference but if you just look at the top of other conferences I think they are better than the big ten.  I also thought that while watching the KU and Baylor game because both games just seemed like a higher level than we see in the big ten.

I think you could make the argument that every power conference's best team/s is better than the B1G's best team/s.  

1 minute ago, rico said:

I think you could make the argument that every power conference's best team/s is better than the B1G's best team/s.  

Agree. The Big Ten is deep but there are no outstanding teams. MD has the most talent, but they are vulnerable. Not a good shooting team. Live off of second opportunities.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I think they are and we will probably see it during the tournament because I don't think many big ten teams will get out of the first weekend.

But don't let their conference schedule belittle the B1G.  Take a look at the non-con match-ups where we(B1G) played the big boys from other conferences.  tOSU has beat 'Nova and UK.  IU has beat Florida St.  Etc.

Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

Agree. The Big Ten is deep but there are no outstanding teams. MD has the most talent, but they are vulnerable. Not a good shooting team. Live off of second opportunities.

Exactly what is an "outstanding" team this year?  Serious question.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Exactly what is an "outstanding" team this year?  Serious question.

Very legit question. They're not easy to identify. Gonzaga and San Diego St are suspect because of their schedules. Kansas and Baylor both look good, but Kansas has been fool's gold in the past. Not sold on the Dukies, yet. Fl St good be dangerous. Big East is similar to Big Ten. Deep, but not sure there are any great teams.

12 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Very legit question. They're not easy to identify. Gonzaga and San Diego St are suspect because of their schedules. Kansas and Baylor both look good, but Kansas has been fool's gold in the past. Not sold on the Dukies, yet. Fl St good be dangerous. Big East is similar to Big Ten. Deep, but not sure there are any great teams.

I think with Kansas' rise to #1 that a record was set this year for the # of times the #1 team has changed.  I think I said that right?

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've made some pretty whatever comments on this whole situation. Guess I'm moving to the just wish the kid well camp....not completely there yet. Still waiting for Brian Snow to write a follow up article on the abuse Brooks is taking from fans at UK calling him a bust,etc...since he made some of our fans believe last year that's the reason he went elsewhere.

I just hope whoever helps him with his next big time decision just doesn't fall hook, line, and sinker for the biggest con going. No minutes, no run, no experience....and a full load of recruits coming next year. I don't see his playing time improving much.

It can't do anything but help us in recruiting his brother if that situation arises down the line. Maybe father see how things could have been different if he didn't try to rush the process. There are clear OAD NBA kids out there. The Wisemans, Zions, Cousins, Roses of the world...but most kids...even the 5 star are not anywhere ready to go to the pros after one year. Keion should never have been looking for the fast lane to the NBA. He should have been looking for a place that would develop his raw but incredible talent to maximize his potential. Whether that be Indiana, North Carolina, Kansas, Michigan St. etc....but UK is just on a total separate program path. I do hope the best for Keion because he is an Indiana kid but I'm not feeling sympathy for his decision. I still would welcome him to IU with open arms despite all that went down because I do think the kid himself is an unselfish basketball player and would be committed to team success.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

It can't do anything but help us in recruiting his brother if that situation arises down the line. Maybe father see how things could have been different if he didn't try to rush the process. There are clear OAD NBA kids out there. The Wisemans, Zions, Cousins, Roses of the world...but most kids...even the 5 star are not anywhere ready to go to the pros after one year. Keion should never have been looking for the fast lane to the NBA. He should have been looking for a place that would develop his raw but incredible talent to maximize his potential. Whether that be Indiana, North Carolina, Kansas, Michigan St. etc....but UK is just on a total separate program path. I do hope the best for Keion because he is an Indiana kid but I'm not feeling sympathy for his decision. I still would welcome him to IU with open arms despite all that went down because I do think the kid himself is an unselfish basketball player and would be committed to team success.

I just haven't seen anything about the young man's game that makes me think nba.  He looks to me to be just another 6-7 or 8 college player.  What am I missing??

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Just me....but I'm not touching that family. How can a coach trust anything that comes out....minus the Mother. 

8 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

I just haven't seen anything about the young man's game that makes me think nba.  He looks to me to be just another 6-7 or 8 college player.  What am I missing??

He has a lot of uncoachables so to say. Like he has incredible length... I could be wrong but like 7’1 wingspan or something and he is very athletic, good motor, willing defender, nice touch 15 and in although still needs work extending his range, good rebounder and shot blocker, can make plays for others (pretty decent passer). I think a lot is his ability to guard 2-5 honestly and the prospect that his offense can be improved. He just isn’t seeing the playing time to do that right now though.

Archived