The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

1 minute ago, HoosierMama said:

Omg this is hysterical.  Some Iowa twitter account posted this encouraging people to play “Dan Dakich Bingo” during the game.

F8DFDFB7-D3C7-4FA6-BAED-C0CB0C3910EB.png

Should make one of those for his IU calls...although he should be banned from doing anymore of our games. Especially the Pu/IU games.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, rico said:

Sparty wins

Duke loses to Wake Forest

Texas Tech loses to Oklahoma

I didn't get to watch all of the 2nd half, but Iowa was getting screwed on the calls (thanks to Izzo's incessant whining) in the 1st half and beginning of the 2nd and still had the lead...

I'd imagine it got ugly...

42 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I didn't get to watch all of the 2nd half, but Iowa was getting screwed on the calls (thanks to Izzo's incessant whining) in the 1st half and beginning of the 2nd and still had the lead...

I'd imagine it got ugly...

Winston had 1 pt at half, then did his magic act with 19 in the second half.  MSU stepped up their defense on Garza and Weiskamp made 1 basket, 0 there's as a non-factor.

Thought I would ask. Any UK lurkers around? I know we poke fun or whatever but Brooks Jr played 2 minutes last night. I'm curious to ask any UK fans (or anyone I guess)who watch each game why in the world he isn't seeing the floor ever? Complete bust? Just better players ahead of him? Pretty sure Cal has recruits lined up for next year....is KB going to get in rotation next year?

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thought I would ask. Any UK lurkers around? I know we poke fun or whatever but Brooks Jr played 2 minutes last night. I'm curious to ask any UK fans (or anyone I guess)who watch each game why in the world he isn't seeing the floor ever? Complete bust? Just better players ahead of him? Pretty sure Cal has recruits lined up for next year....is KB going to get in rotation next year?

Cal pretty much has done away with his bench.  Sestina is their 6th man that sees double digit minutes.  After that it is Juzang and KBJ playing limited minutes.  

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Cal pretty much has done away with his bench.  Sestina is their 6th man that sees double digit minutes.  After that it is Juzang and KBJ playing limited minutes.  

I am sure Brooks is not happy with his playing time but in reality he is the only one who can do anything about it.

The games I have watched he has not impressed me. He doesn't have a good shot, isn't very physical and I have yet to see him attack the boards. I don't think having him on our team would of made any difference. Race and Hunter would be playing ahead of him.

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

I am sure Brooks is not happy with his playing time but in reality he is the only one who can do anything about it.

The games I have watched he has not impressed me. He doesn't have a good shot, isn't very physical and I have yet to see him attack the boards. I don't think having him on our team would of made any difference. Race and Hunter would be playing ahead of him.

Yeah, Brooks plays with energy, but when he was getting more minutes he always seemed clueless as to what KY was trying to do on offense and defense. He just ran around and reacted like he was in a pick-up game. I'm sure Cal feels he can't trust him on the court. As rico pointed out, KY has no bench. Four guys played more than 37 minutes last night.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This...rico has it right. I'm not a UK fan at all but I've watched most of the season because I lived in Kentucky for most of it and now in Florida it's still all SEC. He is just raw...and Cal doesn't have time for him. He has shrunk his bench and the biggest reason...he is only playing guys that can shoot! Brooks can add a lot but shooting isn't it right now. Cal is running everything through his Hagans and Maxey and Richards. It was always a big ???? how Brooks was going to carve out minutes given he is basically a 4 on UKs team who go 3 guards. He wasn't starting over Richards and Montgomery two guys with experience and more size and scoring and Sestina was brought in to be that stretch 4. It was a bad mistake to go there...mostly because the roster was set before he committed...he should have seen the writing on the wall. UK will likely tell him he will see more minutes next year because they need more B1Gs but in the end even with his improvement it will be hard for me to see him cracking the starting 5 next year either. I think he transfers...not sure where but I just don't see him playing another year there.

5 hours ago, rico said:

5 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I think he would have taken minutes from Justin honestly. IMO he is a more talented Smith. He is better with the ball in his hands and can be as good defensively.

That said the other poster is right. He doesn't know his role on the team...because Cal hasn't done a good job of getting him involved. He runs everything through Maxey and Hagans and then in the post with Richards....everyone else stands around and watches. It's crunch time and now Cal only trusts a few guys...shortens his bench...and when the time comes he will need good minutes from Keion or others on the bench...they won't be ready and that is on Cal. Look at Archie...how upset do we get that he continues to get people involved and gives them chance after chance...yet all season we keep getting proven that he knows what he is doing because Al or Brunk or Justin or Devonte eventually comes up big in a game for us. Come tournament time they will have all played big meaningful minutes and can contribute if called upon and will be ready. Doesn't mean they will always answer the bell but they will be prepared.

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Penn St is running Rutgers out of the gym in Happy Valley...

rico's comment about the possibility of the Scarlet Knights losing out may we'll come true...they look bad...

So are you saying the Rutgers loss looks really bad, or the PS win is looking really good? I'm so confused!

Archived