The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Lol, Keion Brooks never touches the ball for Kentucky.  What a mistake.

I don’t know what his future holds but I would gladly take him if he wanted to transfer here as long as his attitude is clean. He’d fit well IMO and he may have synergy with the home state kids on the roster.  

He plays with a hostility I’ve always liked.  He wouldn’t get lost in the shuffle here and would actually be featured.  

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Nebraska was 8-30 from the free throw line in an overtime loss at home to Northwestern.

8-30?!!!

I'll never understand why Indiana high school teams can average better than 70% from the line and D1 college teams can't.  Just nuts.

48 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

8-30?!!!

I'll never understand why Indiana high school teams can average better than 70% from the line and D1 college teams can't.  Just nuts.

Is this a fact ?  If so, that is impressive!

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

8-30?!!!

I dont know about anyone else but my dad and my coaches preached free throw shooting and rebounding.  And I spent countless hours in my driveway recreating end of game scenarios which involved free throw shooting, 1&1's and following your shot. Second chances.  Basketball in Indiana is just taught differently.  Or at least used to be. 

1 hour ago, BDB said:

Absolutely happens with good fundamental teams.  Was trying to find local team Barr-Reeve but could only find the 17-18 team in MaxPreps.  They were good, but not on the level with this team and shot 69% for the season.  I'd bet money this year's team is over 70%.  There were games where Barr Reeve was perfect from the line.

9 hours ago, BDB said:

70 is and always was our benchmark.  Less than that lots of running drills not just suicides ( are we still allowed to say thay) but  very hard practice after games where we shot less than 70. Guys figure it out pretty quickly. 

6 hours ago, rico said:

Even a more interesting stat than the Huskers going 8-30 from the line is that Nebraska is 11th in the nation in attendance.  Averaging 15,589 per.

Living in Iowa, I always thought this Nebby would be a good close game that I could get some good cheap tickets.  That’s not the case. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Nc St and Duke tied at 38-38 starting the second half but hate to say it but we need to Duke to win.  NC. St is one of the bubble teams that we need to keep losing.

Right. Duke needs to get out of their slump for this one. Lost 3 of 4 and already got pounded by NC St

Archived