Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

5fouls

The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

6 hours ago, rico said:

Creighton cruises past Marquette...

Good thing Marquette wasn't 11-1 going into that game.  :coffee:

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Good thing Marquette wasn't 11-1 going into that game.  :coffee:

lol.....I think the Jays are good...maybe Arkansas good.

On 1/1/2020 at 10:54 AM, rico said:

We are a knowledgeable fan base that tends to eat it's own.  Sad, but true.

In terms of basketball knowledge, we're Stephen Hawking. In terms of emotional states, we're about as stable as Michael J Fox tap dancing on a stage made of Jello in the middle of an earthquake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Saw that Illinois wasn't competitive vs Sparty and Purdue needed 11 3's and double OT to win at home vs Minny. Interesting. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Saw that Illinois wasn't competitive vs Sparty and Purdue needed 11 3's and double OT to win at home vs Minny. Interesting. 

I watched most of the game (both OTs) and I thought Minny got homered a little bit. At the end of the first OT, Minny was up by 1 and grabbed the rebound on a missed FT with like 6 seconds left. Purdue tried to foul Marcus Carr (who had a helluva game and is a good player) but ended up getting a steal instead. Looked to me like they DID foul him, but...so Purdue gets fouled, goes to the line and hits one of two to tie it. Minny had 2 decent shots to end it, but missed and went into the second OT. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I watched most of the game (both OTs) and I thought Minny got homered a little bit. At the end of the first OT, Minny was up by 1 and grabbed the rebound on a missed FT with like 6 seconds left. Purdue tried to foul Marcus Carr (who had a helluva game and is a good player) but ended up getting a steal instead. Looked to me like they DID foul him, but...so Purdue gets fouled, goes to the line and hits one of two to tie it. Minny had 2 decent shots to end it, but missed and went into the second OT. 

Great now Boiler is going to show up and post why there wasn’t any calls in Purdue’s favor lol. Look what you did...😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

My question is why were you watching a PU basketball game over an IU football game

Edited by IU Scott
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My question is why were you watching a PU basketball game over an IU football game

I was switching back and forth. Put them in split screen during the OTs.

Technology is wonderful...

And, although I love IU, I prefer basketball over football.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well, I was watching reruns of Divorce Court.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Has IU a 9 seed playing 8 seeded Marquette.  Has PU a 9 seed playing 8 seeded Arkansas.  Also they have La Tech in the field so that would be considered a good win for us.

So, if we had beaten Arkansas, we would be an 8 seed playing 9 seed Marquette and ARK would be a 9 seed playing 8 seed Purdue?

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

So, if we had beaten Arkansas, we would be an 8 seed playing 9 seed Marquette and ARK would be a 9 seed playing 8 seed Purdue?

Who's on first?

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Has IU a 9 seed playing 8 seeded Marquette.  Has PU a 9 seed playing 8 seeded Arkansas. 

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

7 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Who's on first?

Image result for hu's on first

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Has IU a 9 seed playing 8 seeded Marquette.  Has PU a 9 seed playing 8 seeded Arkansas.  Also they have La Tech in the field so that would be considered a good win for us.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2020/01/03/ncaa-tournament-bracketology-projection/

Ohio State and Wisconsin is 9-9 10 mins in. Both teams went like 6 mins without scoring. Hard to believe even our brick tactic shooting couldn’t keep up with these guys.

Carton had a break away open dunk and almost missed everything. He also bricked two free throws and turned it over. I know he is good but dang ugly ball right now.

This is the worst Wisconsin team in at least 10 years.  However, they prove that you can win in college basketball with smart hardnosed players that play their heart out and have high level bball iq.  Id venture to say they may only have one or 2 top 100 kids on the entire team.  

Edit... 1.  Reuvers 66th.  The rest are sprinkled with a bunch of 2 and 300 ranked kids.  Davison the only other even close to top 100 

Edited by NotIThatLives

Meanwhile that Nebraska team that took us to OT... is down 17 @ home to freakin' Rutgers.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Edited by Indy1987
Add

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

This is the worst Wisconsin team in at least 10 years.  However, they prove that you can win in college basketball with smart hardnosed players that play their heart out and have high level bball iq.  Id venture to say they may only have one or 2 top 100 kids on the entire team.  

The Wisconsin team 2 years ago was much worse and OSU was missing Kyle Young for the first time.

OSU is a much different Team without Young and he won’t be back for IU next weekend.

This wasn’t a pretty game.....

Edited by JugRox

1 minute ago, JugRox said:

The Wisconsin team 2 years ago was much worse and OSU was missing Kyle Young for the first time.

OSU is a much different Team without Young and he won’t be back for IU next weekend.

You're confused Bronson Koenig Ethan Happ Nigel Hayes Zak Showalter veto Brown.  Not even debatable.