The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ol' Roy's Tarholes lost at home today to Ga Tech.  That doesn't take the sting away from our beating but it did make me smile.  We just might see them come NIT time if things don't change.

I missed the game but just read UNC hit their 1st FG with just under 7 to go in the 1st.  They were down 20 at the half.  Roy was so pissed he put in 2 walkons at one point.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

11 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Ol' Roy's Tarholes lost at home today to Ga Tech.  That doesn't take the sting away from our beating but it did make me smile.  We just might see them come NIT time if things don't change.

I missed the game but just read UNC hit their 1st FG with just under 7 to go in the 1st.  They were down 20 at the half.  Roy was so pissed he put in 2 walkons at one point.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

It is amazing actually. Carolina is 8-6 this year....and their loss yesterday was right after a 3 point win over Yale. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It is amazing actually. Carolina is 8-6 this year....and their loss yesterday was right after a 3 point win over Yale. 

Ironic isn't it.  No matter how bad you got it...somebody else has it a little bit worse.  

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Watching the PSU and Iowa game and it was a very good game. PSU just won 89-86 but I was wondering why the game was played in Philly at the Palestra. The think is that was the best home court advantage that PSU has had in a long time.

My guess would be because maybe when students are gone it's better to have a game in Philly once a year and during the break was the best chance? That combined with Franny Mac being a Penn alumni maybe it was a chance for them to play in Palestra and do a cool thing for him too?

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My guess would be because maybe when students are gone it's better to have a game in Philly once a year and during the break was the best chance? That combined with Franny Mac being a Penn alumni maybe it was a chance for them to play in Palestra and do a cool thing for him too?

Even when students are there and the team is decent they struggle with attendance.   I'd say the neutral site move was a pretty good idea.

Go Hoosiers!!!

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

You can handle a bad year like this when you have 2 National titles in the last 10 years

You say that, but you know darn well this board would still be up in arms with the way we've played this season even if we had those two national titles.  Not saying there is anything wrong with that, just that our fan base will always be demanding and not look past last week when determining acceptable play.  

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You say that, but you know darn well this board would still be up in arms with the way we've played this season even if we had those two national titles.  Not saying there is anything wrong with that, just that our fan base will always be demanding and not look past last week when determining acceptable play.  

Agree with you,  there are some in this fan base that actually thinks it was bad that the 2002 team went to the championship game.

55 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I agree we would be upset but I don’t think they would be calling for a coaching change. But yes our fan base can be irrational 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I remember how everyone was crowing Holtman, Mack and Howard as the next great coaches after great starts but they have al cae back down to earth.

OSU is 2 - 3 in the last 5 games

UM is 3-4 in their last 7 games

UL is 2-3 in their last 5 games

tOSU rose to the #1 ranking by thumping 'Nova and UNC...then skated by a UK team.  In hind sight, only the 'Nova win looks good---but does it really?

6 minutes ago, rico said:

tOSU rose to the #1 ranking by thumping 'Nova and UNC...then skated by a UK team.  In hind sight, only the 'Nova win looks good---but does it really?

It just shows you people make rash judgments and conclusion way to early in a season.  Not saying those teams won't turn it around nd have a successful season but people should let thing splay out.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I remember how everyone was crowing Holtman, Mack and Howard as the next great coaches after great starts but they have al cae back down to earth.

Funny thing is all those teams would be considered complete teams without obvious roster deficiencies. They all have good pgs, post presence, shooting yet we don’t have a single guy that could beat a 6th grader in a game of horse but it’s Cam that cant coach and not those guys who have much more complete rosters

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Funny thing is all those teams would be considered complete teams without obvious roster deficiencies. They all have good pgs, post presence, shooting yet we don’t have a single guy that could beat a 6th grader in a game of horse but it’s Cam that cant coach and not those guys who have much more complete rosters

So Miller is a better coach than those guys because he’s worse at recruiting than they are?

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If "down to earth" is being ranked in the top 25 what planet is CAM on?  Seriously I'd be pretty happy if we were ranked #12 or higher like they all are.   None of them are dropping from the top 25 anytime soon even with this weeks losses.

OSU and UofL made great hires with Holtman and Mack.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 hour ago, rico said:

That win over UNC is still impressive.  Remember Cole Anthony was playing then.  UNC is not the same team without him and would most likely still be ranked.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived